+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asuka Kondoh - SYTYCD 5

Re: Asuka Kondoh - SYTYCD 5

She was cut right before the top 20 last year right?

Quote Originally Posted by xDC3x;3490550;
    She was cut right before the top 20 last year right?
    Yes.

There are actually quite a handful of dancers who made it far in last year's auditions (Jeanette, Evan, Brandon, Jason), and Phillip left due to illness.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

i am looking forward to watching Asuka; I did get her sense of humor, and don't think she seems to have too much ego at all. After all, every one of these people dance because they love it, but do audition in some part because they think or know they are good at what they do. I don't care so much about personalities anyway, other than what they show when they are dancing. I'd rather watch the world's worst bitch dance and be really good than see adorable and sweet, but no talent.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm sorry if I was unclear. My opinion of her being extremely egotistical has little (if anything) to do with comments she's made... but rather the way she carries herself.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I see it too. I find myself wanting to believe she's just a victem of "mean face".
    But I don't.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I personally hope that she is gone soon. There is just something about her that I do not like at all, however my 12 year old daughter likes her. I was hoping that they would have booted her the first cut but hopefully she will do horrible next week and be cut then.

Is it me, or have they shown very little of her actual dancing on the show? Her initial audition didn't blow me away (though it was pretty obvious from Nigel's reaction that she was getting through -- ewww), and I feel like I saw nothing from Vegas to justify her inclusion in the top 20. Yes, she's attractive, and I thought her dancing last week was fine (I thought the routine had no real story arc or plot and therefore didn't like it, but that's not her fault) but she hasn't wowed me at all.

Perhaps my lack of dance training is getting in the way of my appreciating her, but I just don't see it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3507034;
    Perhaps my lack of dance training is getting in the way of my appreciating her
    Yeah, probably.

I think Asuka is good at what she does, but I'm starting to see the whole "egotistical" thing too...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I say use what you've got! The young lady is talented. I remember how Danny was disliked for who-knows-what-reason. The guy was a phenomenal dancer, and a lot of people HAD to admit that...even among the judges. People have different reasons for feeling like they do. I think Asuka has a lot to offer; she can't be waylayed by petty judgments. Danny wasn't!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Tonight was my first time watching ghe showe--I couldn't get the Fox station before dtv--and I missed the name of the song she danced to tonight.

Does anyone here know what it was? It soundd like it might be Enya?

btw--that was soooo beautiful! Good omen for the first dance I was seeing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast