Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karla Garcia - SYTYCD 5

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Karla Garcia - SYTYCD 5

Karla Garcia

Dance Specialty: Jazz/Contemporary

Hometown: Oxon Hill, MD

Currently Resides: Brooklyn, NY

Garcia is a graduate of New York University. Her early dance experience included learning traditional Filipino folk dancing. Garcia performed on Broadway in “Hot Feet,” danced in the ensemble of the “Radio City Christmas Spectacular” and went on to tour with “Wicked.” She is a member of “Boogie Bots Crew.”

So You Think You Can Dance - Top 20 Finalists for Season 5 of So You Think You Can Dance Revealed! Individual Photos Added!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Newbie

Re: Karla Garcia - SYTYCD 5

She is a real cutie! Gotta love that Pinay flavor, and I hope that she can be as versatile as Katee, given that she has contemporary, hip-hop, and Broadway experience under her belt =D

Check out her FOX interview with Max. She is beautiful and has a great personality =D
    Last edited by waywyrd; 06-06-2009 at 08:31 AM.

Did they even show this girl during auditions or in Vegas week?

She has background in a wide variety of styles, which should help her.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3486118;
    Did they even show this girl during auditions or in Vegas week?

She has background in a wide variety of styles, which should help her.
    They showed her briefly with Sonia going crazy over her. Maybe it's a good sign - producers keeping one of their best dancers until the show begins. I watched her dances on You Tube and she's amazing. I hope she goes very far.

I totally don't remember her.

That's because she was one of the invisible ones. Along with Karla, these dancers were also invisible: Jeanine, Ade, Jonathan, Melissa, Randi, and Ashley.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

I think Karla is being underestimated - I am almost sure the was the girl on the left (when watching the screen) that rocked the house on the opening dance number thursday night. My friends were wondering as well - she was so good she stood out! I think that may have been why the judges saved her 1st when she was in the bottom 3. I hope she gets hip hop or her own style this week to show what she can do.

These dancers are so amazing it will be a tough call every week.

She's fast becoming a favorite of mine. I noticed her the first show and now she keeps bringing my eye right back to her. I can't wait to see her doing Hip Hop. I don't think she has the fanbase to win but I want her to stick around a long time.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3511242;
    She's fast becoming a favorite of mine. I noticed her the first show and now she keeps bringing my eye right back to her. I can't wait to see her doing Hip Hop. I don't think she has the fanbase to win but I want her to stick around a long time.

Me too. She's a beautiful dancer. I hope she stays long enough in the show so she can show what she's made of. I'd love to see her do Hip Hop with Philip.

FORT Regular

Can't get over how beautiful Jonathan and Karla's number was last Tuesday. This couple has great chemistry and really look good together. Stacey Tookey is an awesome choreographer. Can't wait to see more of this cute couple.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast