+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 6/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Gabi seemed to be getting it during the broadway routine. I think they gave up on her too soon. I feel bad for Bianca and any tapper, they just never seem to wholly embrace those dancers. I'm pretty sure big, funny guy (don't remember his name) is going to the Top 20. I'd like to see Brandon there too, but I don't think Lil C or Mia will vote for him. I don't know what else they want. He's fabulous!

Yes Mindy384, that Oska chick is annoying and really mean! She's a good dancer, but she tries too hard. It's really off-putting, and her disrespectful comments toward her partner are just...no words. I'm sincerely hoping it is heavy editing that is painting this unflattering picture of her.

Oh and I really hope the girl that got cut first saves this footage and laughs about it later in life. Much later in life, but I'm sure she will laugh nonetheless Ah yes, the days when high school was the center of the universe.

I saw some familiar faces from the auditions in the Top32: Jeanette, Asuka, Ricky, Evan & Ryan, Caitlin, Brandon, Paris, Kayla, Alex, and Phillip. And then there were a few that were only shown during Vegas Week, like Tony and that short-haired girl. There was also Jason, whose audition wasn't shown this year, but he was one of the featured dancers during last year's auditions. And the rest weren't shown at all. Figures, I knew the producers wouldn't change their ways by actually giving all of the Top20-ers a fair chance.

I kind of liked Silky (the tall tapper dude) during his audition, but he really irked me during this episode. He was part of the first dance group, the one that bombed really badly. His mentality going in was, "I'm not worried, because I know my solo will save me." Ugh, why not focus on actually doing the task at hand? You wouldn't even have to do a solo if you and your whole group had not slept.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3482519;
    Excellent, separate Broadway routines for the women & men. And it's West Side Story. This should be fabulous.

It's funny, because I had actually rented and watched West Side Story for the first time just yesterday. So it was a bit of a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3482540;
    I feel bad for Bianca. Wow, judges are brutal tonight.
    She did well, so I was shocked. But I read she's a real loony in real life. She was part of the Top40 last year, and even before the season premiered, she was telling everyone she was part of the Top20. Low and behold, it didn't happen. I don't get why she would lie to everyone when she knew that everyone would be seeing it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3482869;
    Closet...I want the same guys to make it too! But I would not be surprised if they pulled another Natalie/Katee final decision with the brothers (with the younger one making it in).
    I won't be surprised either. They were shown entering the room with each other in the previews. I prefer Ryan, but I fully expect Evan to be chosen over him.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;3482913;
    Yes Mindy384, that Oska chick is annoying and really mean! She's a good dancer, but she tries too hard. It's really off-putting, and her disrespectful comments toward her partner are just...no words. I'm sincerely hoping it is heavy editing that is painting this unflattering picture of her.
    I'm sure she's only kidding. I wouldn't take her remarks that seriously. I joke around a lot around my friends, and they know I don't mean anything malicious. She did say that she didn't feel bad for him to the camera when he was doing the Broadway routine, but she followed it up with a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3482286;
    They dang well better cut Gaby, she has been much worse than Natalie.. and Natalie got cut. That was pretty shocking.
    I was heartbroken, truly heartbroken when Natalie was cut. I couldn't believe it. I don't know why she didn't even get the chance to at least do the routine again like Tony did with Mia's routine. Why does someone like Gabi, who messed up in a lot more routines, get millions of chances while Natalie gets none? Natalie didn't even do that bad. I think the judges' expectations were just so high, and she just didn't meet them. It's unfortunate, really. Ridiculous even.

ETA: I forgot to add major for Cat. It was funny to watch her crack up when Tony was crying in front of her, saying, "I love it when grown men cry." And my favorite quote of the night came from Adam: "Don't you mock me, you English bastard!"
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 06-04-2009 at 01:49 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Did Alex Wong (the first guy they showed tonight from the Miami Ballet) make it through?
    He was astonishing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3482991;
    Did Alex Wong (the first guy they showed tonight from the Miami Ballet) make it through?
    He was astonishing.
    I lost track of him....I hope he made it because he was a DANCER.

It was a long show which is odd since I did enjoy it.

I HOPE they don't pull the usual AI type garbage and have the two brothers be the last two to meet with the judges so you know one will be cut.

On that topic, I thought the choreographing of their own dancers was a bit unfair. Being a dancer doesn't give you chor. skills too. The group that got the brother who was a talented choreographer was lucky...

To the Point

Loved Alex Wong! I certainly hope he makes it. I lost track as well.

I don't know what was up with the whole Natalie debacle. While I wasn't as impressed with her as the judges seemed to be in the beginning, it just seemed to come out of nowhere. Who knows!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

I believe Alex Wong did make it through - I am pretty sure I saw him in the Broadway choreography and he wasn't one of the ones cut. We'll know for sure tonight.

I don't understand the whole Natalie thing either - Sonya singled her and Brandon out as the ones who knew the routine the best the way she wanted it done - so what in the world happened? It just seems odd.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

FORT Fogey

I was surprised when the yonger of the two sisters got cut and then the older one ( didn't she have to dance for her life?) did make it to the next level.

There were some stronge cuts last night

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3482355;
    Erik should be able to tap for his life. Unfortunately, the judges don't see that he can do anything else.
    Too much tap dancing and too little of everything else. He needed to show off his range if he had one.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Have people always "danced for their lives" during tryouts? I don't seem to remember that happening until they were in top 20.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Some of those cuts were NASTY and just wow. (Natalie)
    At this point I have no strong feelings for any of the girls.

I am hoping and praying with all of my might that the "Broadway brothers" and Phillip make it to top 20
    They (the brothers epecially) just fill me up with so much joy whenever they are on the screen.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast