+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 5/27 Audition Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar

Re: 5/28 Audition Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I love it when Lil C judges - he is always respectful, thoughtful and I liked the way he told one contestant that he should try Tricking-BBoy style even though he didn't get through.
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It could have been the way it was "edited", but Tyce seemed cranky from the get-go. I'm sure we don't necessarily see things in the order they actually took place, so it's possible what we thought was the beginning was really late in the day.

I don't mind a backstory . . . . if it's once and done. No need to keep rehashing someone's loss so much that it overshadows the dancing (or singing, as the case may be)
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3471434;
    What hootchie is THIS?

Wislande, huh?

Honey, cover your boobs, and if you're going to wear stockings/tights, MAKE 'EM BLACK OR MAKE 'EM ACTUAL TIGHTS THAT ARE CLOSER TO YOUR SKIN TONE, OR BLACK, OR SOME OTHER SOLID COLOR, PUH-LEESE!
    She was terrible and the terrible hose she was wearing were control top - it started peeking out from her very short shorts!
    Sadly it reminded me of a girl that went to my jr high school. She would keep her stockings on during gym class and they were typically "suntan" colored and control top and she would end up with a few inches of control top showing below her shorts. The poor girl was just clueless and I don't even think she realized how mercilessly people teased her.

I really like the cop with the Memphis jookin!!

Quote Originally Posted by ladytex View Post
    And I'm in the minority, but I love Mary. Those kids faces are priceless when they rate a scream from her, they work for it.
    I love Mary, too. She knows what she's talking about and she's passionate about dance. Her scream of enthusiasm doesn't bother me.

I did not care much for Tyce Diorio's comments. As a choreographer, he must be used to seeing bad dancers at auditions. There are ways of telling people they are not good enough without being cruel and hurtful even if the auditioners are delusional. Only rarely (as in the case of Sex) is brutal criticism called for to get the message across, and with him it doesn't seem to work anyway.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Out of curiosity, will this thread be used this evening (Thurs) also since the title already has today's date (5/28)??

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: 5/27 Audition Show Discussion *Spoilers*

it's fixed. There will be a new thread for tonight's discussion.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Re: 5/27 Audition Show Discussion *Spoilers*

There were 34 people from Miami who made it to Vegas. Out of those 34, here are the people who received airtime (* denotes that they had to go through choreography):

Priscilla Marrero (contemporary)
    Janette Manrara and Romulo Villaverde (latin, Janette made Top40 last year)
    Joseph Smith* (hip-hop)
    Erik "Silky" Moore (tap, hip-hop)
    Paris Torres (con.)
    Henry Rivero (con.)
    Megan Kinney (con.)
    Alex Wong (con.)
    (a little note: Henry, Megan, and Alex only had their auditions shown in a montage, so no backstory for any of them)
    Geo Smith* (African)
    Talia Rickards* (hip-hop?)

And then there were 8 dancers from Memphis who made it through to Vegas on the first day. I'm not sure what the total is for the second day.

Marico Flake (Memphis juking)
    Caitlin Kinney (con.)
    Anna Dunn* (con., start of Day2)
    Travis Prokop* (con.)
    Evan Kasprzak (jazz, made Top40 last year)
    Ryan Kasprzak (tap)
    Lauren* and Lydia* Guerra (con.)
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789