Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance Canada

FORT Fanatic

So You Think You Can Dance Canada

Please talk about the first season of So You Think You Can Dance Canada here.

FORT Fanatic

Re: So You Think You Can Dance Canada

Tonight was the first night of So You Think You Can Dance Canada, and while I miss Cat Deeley, I'm really impressed so far. The first auditions aired were from Canada. Mary was one of the first guest judges. It was a two hour show and only 2 really bad dancers were shown. All the rest had at least something good about how they danced and the judges were kind and helpful in their comments. I'm looking forward to more!!!

But Mary drove me crazy with the laugh of hers like she always does, it was in full force. I'm glad to know she won't be there all the time
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

It was good. Lots of great dancers in TO apparently. I was glad they kept the trainwrecks to a minimum and got on with the business of showing the really good dancers. Looking forward to Sunday and getting to see what kind of talent my neck of the woods (Halifax) has to offer.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fanatic

I have to agree that Mary's laugh was there in full force. The previews make it loos as if a change in judges (Dan Karity etc) may lead to nastier comments and more demonstrations of the awful side of the auditions.

FORT Fanatic

Another really good episode tonight and again generally very kind to all trying out and more good dancers shown than bad. It was quite a shock seeing Emmanuel Sandhu trying out and I had to agree with the judges - wow to the first part of his routine and yuck when he brought in the girly stuff. I wonder if Emmanuel provided them with the clips from his skating past. They certainly didn't do him any favours and really portrayed him as being arrogant. Should he make it to top 20 (and skill wise he certainly should based on what we've seen), I don't think his past will do him any favours. To be honest, his reputation is that he often chokes when it really counts.

I agree that Sandhu's audition was amazing and that he should have a good shot at Top 20 but I'm worried about him working with the choreographers. In skating you have months, sometimes years to perfect a routine and work with your choreographer - learning a routine in 1 day that is entirely someone else's vision could be tough for him.

Quote Originally Posted by guide54;3198365;
    Another really good episode tonight and again generally very kind to all trying out and more good dancers shown than bad. It was quite a shock seeing Emmanuel Sandhu trying out and I had to agree with the judges - wow to the first part of his routine and yuck when he brought in the girly stuff. I wonder if Emmanuel provided them with the clips from his skating past. They certainly didn't do him any favours and really portrayed him as being arrogant. Should he make it to top 20 (and skill wise he certainly should based on what we've seen), I don't think his past will do him any favours. To be honest, his reputation is that he often chokes when it really counts.
    ITA about Sandhu. He came off with a sense of entitlement because of his skating past. And that girly stuff ICK!!!!!!
    If he can get over it and move on he can certainly do well. We will have to wait and see.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I have always love Emmanuel Sandhu and always wanted him great success in figure skating. Too bad his nerves always got the better of him during his performances that really counted. Nonetheless, I was surprised to walk back into the living room during SYTYCD Canada to see he had just finished auditioning. Sorry I missed it. Anyway, I'd like to see him go far in the competition if he can.

I thought he had retired from figure skating anyway? I guess not from the way he was talking. I think I'm thinking of Jeff Buttle who just announced his retirement from skating a few weeks ago.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I am loving the show so far - some great dancers!
    ITA regarding Emanual - a bit embarrassing - hope he tones in down and develops some humilaity!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast