Re: So You Think You Can Dance Canada

Bottom 3:

Dario & Romina
    Lisa & Vincent
    Caroline & Jesse

Going home: Romina and Dario

FORT Fanatic

Once again I just have to shake my head. How did the two couples who should be in the bottom manage to stay safe again this week? They really seem to be living a charmed existence! Tamina and Joey and Izaak & Caitlyn should have danced for their lives. What will happen next!!!!

I just got done with watching Week 2. Here are my rankings:

01. Arassay & Nico, Theatre - Amazing, amazing, amazing. It was so passionate and expressive. I got goosebumps towards the end.

---GAP---

02. Natalli & Francis, Paso Doble - It was good, but not perfect. I saw a few mistakes here and there, but other than that, this dance was good. The biggest plus of this dance was that she actually personified the look of a cape.
    03. Lisa & Vincent, Hip-Hop - It was fun, but I found myself liking it moreso in the beginning. They started to fade out towards the end.
    04. Allie & Danny, Mambo - Honestly, I can't really remember how this dance went since they were the first ones to go. I do remember the dance being a little too slow for my taste, although they still danced well, so they rank at #4.
    05. Caroline & Jesse, Hip-Hop - There wasn't really anything special about this dance, but they didn't make many mistakes. It was a clean performance.

---GAP---

06. Miles & Lara, Viennese Waltz - Their closed hold was not good at all, especially on Miles' part. But I found this dance more enjoyable that some.
    07. Tamina & Joey, Contemporary - I didn't think it was that bad when I first watched it, but after hearing the judges' comments, I agree with them. There was nothing all that special about this dance, and Tamina lacked in comparison to Joey.
    08. Dario & Romina, Jazz Pop - It was a weird dance IMO. I couldn't decipher the story the dance was trying to tell. And they weren't in sync. It was all over the place.
    09. Kaitlin & Isaac, Dancehall - It was just really bad. Pretty much all I have to say.

They need to sack Luther as a judge. He brings nothing to the panel. He almost never says anything helpful to the contestants. He's just... there.

And I've said this before, but the judges seriously need to get tougher on these guys. I know I've had my complaints about SYTYCDUS's judges, but at least they're helpful. They give construction criticism to the contestants, whereas SYTYCDC's judges almost never do that. For example, they let Lara & Miles get a free pass this week! I thought they really deserved some negative comments for their piece. It wasn't technically well done at all. But the judges, mainly Jean Marc, didn't care. They all loved it because it was "picture perfect."

A big "WTF" to Lisa & Vincent being in the B3. Seriously, Kaitlin & Isaac and Tamina & Joey need to find themselves at the bottom soon.

I was content with who went home. I liked Romina, but Caroline and Lisa are better dancers IMO. And even though I loved his audition, I never really got around to liking Dario.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Premium Member

Week 3 results:

Bottom 3

Kaitlyn and Izaak
    Joey and Tamina
    Natalli and Francis (WTF their Rumba rocked )

Going home
    Joey (wrong choice) and Tamina (right choice)

01. Allie & Danny, Quickstep - I usually hate watching the Quickstep, but Allie & Danny's piece was absolute perfection. It was defintely the best Quickstep of any version of SYTYCD. And there's no bias nor favortism towards Allie from me. I haven't been in love with any of her dances until this one.
    02. Tamina & Joey, Hip Hop - I can't believe I'm ranking these two as #2 for the week. I've never felt that they deserved a spot in the Top 20, but I loved their routine. I've had my problems as Luther as a judge, but he is great as a choreographer. But I was watching Tamina more than Joey, so he was definitely in her shadow IMO. He still did well though, and the dance as a whole was awesome.
    03. Lisa & Vincent, African Jazz - This dance was amazing. It's pretty much tied for #2, but I decided to rank it as #3 because I didn't find myself falling in love with it as I did with the other two ranked before this one. Their routine was still great, just not as great as the other two.
    04. Francis & Natalli, Rumba - Sexy, sensual, sultry. A few missteps, so it ranks at #4.

---GAP---

05. Nico & Arassay, Contemporary - They executed the dance well, but it was almost a carbon copy of last week's dance. Don't get me wrong, I loved their dance last week. But I don't want to see two routines that look almost exactly the same done by the same couple for 2 weeks in a row.
    06. Lara & Miles, Krump - Like Nico & Arassay, they executed the routine well. But I can never find myself enjoying Krump routines as much as other styles.
    07. Caroline & Jesse, Rock Jazz - This wasn't bad at all, but compared to the dances ranked before, it pales in comparison.
    08. Kaitlyn & Izaak, Cha Cha Cha - And again, I rank them dead last. I'm sorry, but I never find myself enjoying what the two of them do. I think it's because of Izaak. I think he is the least-talented out of all the people who are left. He's almost like Cedric from SYTYCD3.

So I thought I would be ecstatic with Tamina & Joey being sent home. I've wanted to see them in the B3 for a long time. But they did well this week. And also, Kaitlyn & Izaak were in the B3 with them. I would have preferred to have seen Izaak go before Joey. As for the girls, I'm not torn up that Kaitlyn wasn't sent home over Tamina. Tamina was meh.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I was sorry to see Joey go, I think he had more potential than some of the other male dancers and would like to have seen how he did with a different partner.

FORT Fanatic

Tonights bottom 3 were:
    Lisa & Vincent
    Lara & Miles
    Carolyn and Jessie

I'm not sure why Lisa & Vincent keep ending up in the bottom 3 - they are my favourites after Nic & Arrisay and I voted for them. I did see the fumbles last night so perhaps that's why they were there this week, but they are so expressive and so good!

I think the judges got it right tonight sending Carolyn & Jessie home, but they all danced really well in their solo's.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by guide54;3226148;
    Tonights bottom 3 were:
    Lisa & Vincent
    Lara & Miles
    Carolyn and Jessie

I'm not sure why Lisa & Vincent keep ending up in the bottom 3 - they are my favourites after Nic & Arrisay and I voted for them. I did see the fumbles last night so perhaps that's why they were there this week, but they are so expressive and so good!

I think the judges got it right tonight sending Carolyn & Jessie home, but they all danced really well in their solo's.
    I don't understand it either - Lisa and Vincent are one of my favourite couples too, and I voted for them as well. Oh well - will keep voting!

I would do my usual rankings, but I forget how some of the dances went. But I have to give it to Kaitlyn & Izaak. I loved their piece. I thought Kaitlyn did better than Izaak did, but that dance as a whole was great.

The results show hasn't been uploaded on YouTube yet, and I was gonna wait to watch it to see who got eliminated. But I just decided to go right ahead and see who was eliminated. I'm upset that Caroline was sent home because I think she is a very talented dancer. I didn't like Jesse that much, so I'm glad he's gone. But I would have preferred to see Miles go. You know the tween girls are gonna vote their little fingers off for him just because he's good-looking. That's exactly how Neil got 3rd place in the 3rd season of SYTYCDUS. I thought there was no way Neil deserved to get 3rd, much less top 4.

My guess for as to why Lisa & Vincent landed in the bottom is because they performed first. They shouldn't be in there at all though.

My early prediction is that Nico is gonna win, with Allie second.

Premium Member

I totally agree about Neil in season 3 SYTYCD US, I wanted Pasha in the top 4 instead of Neil. I loved Pasha

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast