Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance Canada

FORT Fanatic

Re: So You Think You Can Dance Canada

I felt the result show was way too rushed - they barely had time to talk to the contestants at all or give an opinion on how they did when they danced for their lives. I was really surprised that Tamina and her aprtner were safe. They
    were the ones I thought were the clearcut case to go and that meant I didn't want tos ee the others go as I wanted to see more. I really liked Kevin's solo and was sorry to see him go. He looked pretty shocked too whereas I don't think Bre was shocked.

Premium Member

I agree with ya guide54 I saw the performances and I thought the last two were the worst, I think because Francis/Bre and Kevin/Natalli danced near the beginning of the show kinda screwed it up for them. So is Francis/Natalli now a couple, or are the switching couples (just wondering if they are following the format of the early American SYTCD or the one that SYTCD America uses now.)

Well I found the episodes online, and I spent the last hours watching the episodes that have aired so far.

Back in the auditions, both Tamina and Izaak received a ticket straight to Toronto, and I had no clue why. Both of their auditions were not outstanding. Their auditions should have sent them to "Blake's Boot Camp," not straight to Toronto. And now they're both in the top 20, and I haven't been impressed with either of them. I hope they'll be eliminated soon.

I was disappointed that Bre was eliminated so soon. Her audition was really good.

I loved Vincent and Lisa's contemporary piece. It literally took my breath away. I do interpret Lisa's confidence as cockiness, but she deserves to be cocky. She's really good. And Vincent was amazing also.

I also really like Allie. She has been my favorite ever since I saw her auditon. Even though her and Danny's jive wasn't my favorite, Allie still remains my favorite contestant.

Does anyone else think the judges are way too lenient? They barely had any critiques for the dancers in the last show. When they did critique the contestants, they would follow it up with a comment like, "But you tried your hardest, and that's all that matters!" These judges need to give a little more constructive criticism to these dancers IMO.

I also really don't like Jean Marc as a judge. He really annoyed me sometimes when he was a guest judge on SYTYCDUS. But I will say that he's a tad bit better on this version of SYTYCD. As a choreoprapher, he's good, but it looks like he's not going to be choreographing for this show since he's a pernament judge.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 10-11-2008 at 08:24 PM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

Danny/Allie, and Lisa and Vincent are my favs right now. I think Danny/Allie are the cutest things ever.

You guys have got to see this.

First search "Natalli's solo" on YouTube. Then search "Heidi solo." They're pretty much the same thing!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3216007;
    You guys have got to see this.

First search "Natalli's solo" on YouTube. Then search "Heidi solo." They're pretty much the same thing!
    , but Heidi did a much better job of it, Natalli's looked like a hot mess.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3216009;
    , but Heidi did a much better job of it, Natalli's looked like a hot mess.
    Well I actually liked Natalli's solo, but it being a carbon copy of Heidi's solo taints my opinion. I still like her though, but she goes down a couple of notches in my books.

On another note, just wanted to show some love to Allie with my new avatar.

Something I just noticed is that every single person in the top 20 had their audition show, which I think is great. It doesn't give anyone an advantage over other contestants in top 20. I wish SYTYCDUS could do that so that everyone would start on an even playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravnes04;3215981;
    Danny/Allie, and Lisa and Vincent are my favs right now. I think Danny/Allie are the cutest things ever.
    I cannot stop watching Lisa & Vincent's contemporary. It's so amazing to watch. One of my favorite dances in any SYTYCD. I hope they'll do just as amazing in other types of dances.

FORT Fanatic

I did my best to watch the show while playing cards with my hubby and son - have a crick in my neck now as a result. I've gone back and rewatched my favourite dancers.

Ally and Danny on Mambo - really good but they didn't have the "face" of the mambo. Allie kept smiling and Danny even stuck out his tongue at one point. Loved them anyway.

Lisa and Vincente - Raggedy Anne dance - this was also alot of fun, but if they made him a red-head for the event - why not her too?

Arrisay (don't know if I've got that correctly) and Nico - theatre (is that because we don't have a "Broadway" in Canada?) This was really rally good. They were both so expressive and passionate.

Natalli & Francis - great paso doble, but not perfect. They really sold it though - lots of passion

The judges definitely have their favourites already I think and can be really tough on the non-favored ones.

The above groups really stood out for me - the rest I have to struggle to remember names and what did they dance or dance to? Some of the dances didn't stand out for me because of the choreography, and the criticism seemed due at least in part to that choreography.

Some I didn't like jsut because of the choice of music which I thought was so bad it really did no favors to the dance.

Leah is starting to grow on me.

FORT Regular

I agree...I think there should be a bottom 5 instead of 3, cause 5 couples were not memorable last night.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast