+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IV Real

IV Real

Okay, I think I get the gist of this but can someone clarify what this really is and where it came from?

Re: IV Real

some of the dancers made it up: Twitch, Comfort, Joshua were some I believe, and it means "4 Real" because it's Season 4.
    Katarzyna should have won ANTM
    Take this, Tyra!

SYTYCD-Katee, Joshua, Twitchington, Courtney G.

^ Will also. So the "IV Real" group lost 2 of its members on Thursday night.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I knew that crap would come back and bite them in the butts. At first I thought it was something the Hip Hop dancers came up with because they are "keeping it real" and "representing" other hip hop dancers. Till I realized that Gev wasn't doing it and that Will was and isn't a Hip Hop dancer. So, the only other logical conclusion would be...considering that ONLY Will, Joshua, Comfort, and Twitch were doing it.... you connect the dots because I'm not voicing it.

But come on already.

I just knew that if I was able to put it together that other viewers would be able to do the same and that it would bite them in the butts. I'd be surprised if Twitch and Joshua aren't knocked out 1, 2, next unless they stop with that stupid IV stuff and the fickle audience forgets all about it and goes back to their Joshua love.

Pity because I really liked these three guys and wish they had never done something so stupid. I wanted to see one of them win and still do but I think this may be insurmountable just like Will's pimping was.

Yeah, my best guess was because they were all black. I don't think there's any harm in me saying that. Either that, or the four of them were just that close together.

Honestly, I think the IV Real stuff is annoying, but it's not to the level where people will hate them for it. I don't think Will and Comfort got eliminated over this. Comfort was already expected to go home (she was seriously the Bottom Three/Two Queen if there ever was one, having been at the bottom for every week expect the first! ), and Will wasn't as popular as the other 3 guys, I don't think.

But even though it's annoying as hell that they keep doing it, I still kind of want a "IV Real" shirt.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

LOL I'd be happy if the backlash over what amounts to a bad judgment call on their part doesn't result in them being kicked out. I really like Joshua and Twitch. However, like you said, the whole IV real being included in all their solos is annoying.

I didn't notice the shirts, anybody have a link to one?

I was discussing this whole issue with a co-worker last week and he said that if the IV Real gang starts getting picked off one by one before the rest of the contestants then my fear that this will cost them will come true.

Hope I'm wrong!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I like the whole IV Real thing and my son and I would love one of the shirts! IMO, if that's why someone votes someone off .......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3149145;
    IMO, if that's why someone votes someone off .......
    I think it's irritating, but to not vote for someone because of it? No.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

You guys are way off. If this competition were organized in such a way that voters could vote for the person they wanted to go home, then I could see how a block of voters could meticulously vote a group of contestants off.

But it's not. All we can vote for is our favorite. Being voted off doesn't mean that the most people wanted you off ... it just means that you weren't the favorite of enough people. You weren't first place in enough viewers' minds. So no matter how much a particular person bugged me, and no matter what the reason, I could not actively vote AGAINST someone unless I was willing to split my vote among EVERYONE else, and I just don't think people work that way (even if I did actively advocate doing just that against David Archuleta ... see how far THAT got me?!?!)

However, somebody who had been voting for a contestant might change their minds and vote for somebody else or not vote at all and that's how something like this would negatively affect them. That's where I think something like this would bite them in the rear because people who were voting for them because they liked them (this is America's Favorite Dancer and not America's Best Dancer) may no longer like them.

I think voting against somebody would probably be a better way for these shows to go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast