+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IV Real

Re: IV Real

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3149071;
    I didn't notice the shirts, anybody have a link to one?
    I don't have a link to buy one, but here's a picture.

Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3149016;
    Yeah, my best guess was because they were all black.
    Yeah, I thought that would have been patently obvious to anyone who was viewing the show...but maybe not. I don't mind it at all -- I think it's sort of clever, actually.

Thanks for the photo, I definitely don't want to buy one I just had no idea what they looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3150433;
    Thanks for the photo, I definitely don't want to buy one I just had no idea what they looked like.
    Well I found a link to where you can buy some on the internet, but they're kinda... expensive. One shirt is about $26.00. And most of the shirts don't have any prints on it or anything. Most are just plain white with a "IV Real" on it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I think that they are waayy over doing it. I didn't really mind them doing it once in a while, but now, that is all they do. It's old now.

Even LL Cool J was doing it.

Man I must be asleep because I'm not catching what you guys are talking about. I've noticed the shirts, but what else are they doing?
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

wow I really misunderstood what the IV Real thing was. I thought it was a connection or promotion for the global charity 4Real. They are billed as: 4REAL is a community of individuals from around the world who are passionate about creating social change through action, art, and culture.

There is also a HipHop record label in up here in Canada called 4 Real. If this was an attempt by a certain group of dancers to be unique they should have come up with something that does not already have a strong image and brand. That's how lawsuits start.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MotivesCanada;3150861;
    I thought it was a connection or promotion for the global charity 4Real. They are billed as: 4REAL is a community of individuals from around the world who are passionate about creating social change through action, art, and culture.
    I would have sworn I heard one of the IV Real crew express just that. Runs in my mind Twitch might have said it, but I really can't remember the specific occasion.

FORT Fogey

In many ways, I hope that the IV Real is because they're black... How often to we get to so see talented, beautiful, and in a couple of cases, dark-skinned black young adults in such a positive light, especially on TV.

I wish that they continue to be on such a positive path. If they found this connection on SYTYCD, how lucky for them. I wish them and most of the dancers this season wonderfully, long, successful careers.

I also thought the 4 Real was representing an organization that one of the dancers was deeply involved in. A friend also mentioned to me that one of the Real Worlders this season was also wearing a 4Real tee shirt. I do get the feeling that a few of the members of SYTYCD's 4Real are probably newly introduced to the organization, probably from hearing about it from one of the other dancers, and aren't yet fully involved in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast