+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 7/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

So there's been some articles where the judges have stated who they're backing to win. Nigel says that his gut feeling is that a guy will win. And Mary says that she wants a hip-hop guy to win (so that obviously doesn't include Mark).

I know the judges (supposedly ) don't have any say in who goes home anymore, but I just thought people would like to know.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Originally Posted by BCdeeGee
    I disagree about Katee. She was ready to give up before she even made the top 20. So I don't think she should win. My favorites are Twitch, Mark and Courtney.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3147013;
    She was not "ready to give up", and that whole mess was a complete bunch of nonsense. At the VERY worst, all she said (when blindsided by the question) was that if she didn't make the top 20 she wouldn't try to be on the competition anymore. THIS competition. And Nigel acts as if that meant she was going to give up dance entirely. Moron (Nigel, not you!). THIS SHOW is not the entirety of dance - why put yourself through the buzzsaw they put these kids through a THIRD time when there are other avenues and she was obviously good enough to use those other avenues.
    Katee said she might not try out a third time, it wasn't definite she wouldn't try out. I can understand why she'd feel this way, trying out twice and getting turned down twice isn't good, anyone would feel discouraged.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Here is a transcript of what Katee said when asked if she would come back to audition a third time. I have included everything Katee said, but left out much of what the judges had to say.

I think it was clear Katee answered Nigel's first question based entirely on the emotion of possibly being rejected a second time. And, seemed to regret her answer almost immediately. I'm hard pressed to hold her answer against her.

Nigel: Whoever doesn't get through now will they come back next year?

The girls look at each other and smile

Katee: This is the second time around so...pause I don't think so. Sorry!

Nigel: So Katee, you wouldn't come back?

Katee: I don't think so! I'm sorry!

Nigel: You're 19 and you'd give up? turning to the panel I find that really sad don't you? You'd give up at 19.

Natalie: I don't think she would. She says that now, but that's not, the kind of person she is. She wouldn't! Trust me! I know her.

Mia: Kinda (dis)concerting (sic) for the show.

Katee: Honestly! Like last year, it was so devastating that the fire in me to do better this year, and improve for you was so much that, to go through that heart break again would take me a second.

Nigel sends them out of the room so the panel can talk.

continuing backstage...

Katee: No, no, no, no, no, no! I shouldn't have said that.

Natalie:No! You explained it well.

Katee: I would come back! I WOULD come back! It's just so hard.

Katee: That's such a slap in their face to say, "No! I'm not going to come back next year". It's just because it's so hard for me to like get over it.

FORT Fan

I think way too much has been made of that comment. She is a kid. A kid who was very hurt by not making it the first time. Rejection is hard on the strongest of people.

Actually, when they first aired that manipulative bit, I thought to myself "What pretentious doo-doo heads, they equate not trying out for their show with giving up on dance?" Who said she would quit dance? She just said that she wouldn't audition again... FOR THEM. As if their show was the only path to success in the dance world.

I knew that their segment and suggestive phrasing/editing would make Katee look bad. I thought she would be bumped off in the first episode because America hates "quitters". Luckily her dancing won her fans, no thanks to the judges. I have never been so annoyed with Debbie Allen. The whole Will orgy and Twitch tongue baths. And that crazy witch Tony Basil. History of dance 101 on crack instead of giving coherent critiques. She was like a female dipsy doodle version of Lil C.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3147846;
    Here is a transcript of what Katee said when asked if she would come back to audition a third time. I have included everything Katee said, but left out much of what the judges had to say.

I think it was clear Katee answered Nigel's first question based entirely on the emotion of possibly being rejected a second time. And, seemed to regret her answer almost immediately. I'm hard pressed to hold her answer against her.

Nigel: Whoever doesn't get through now will they come back next year?

The girls look at each other and smile

Katee: This is the second time around so...pause I don't think so. Sorry!

Nigel: So Katee, you wouldn't come back?

Katee: I don't think so! I'm sorry!

Nigel: You're 19 and you'd give up? turning to the panel I find that really sad don't you? You'd give up at 19.

Natalie: I don't think she would. She says that now, but that's not, the kind of person she is. She wouldn't! Trust me! I know her.

Mia: Kinda (dis)concerting (sic) for the show.

Katee: Honestly! Like last year, it was so devastating that the fire in me to do better this year, and improve for you was so much that, to go through that heart break again would take me a second.

Nigel sends them out of the room so the panel can talk.

continuing backstage...

Katee: No, no, no, no, no, no! I shouldn't have said that.

Natalie:No! You explained it well.

Katee: I would come back! I WOULD come back! It's just so hard.

Katee: That's such a slap in their face to say, "No! I'm not going to come back next year". It's just because it's so hard for me to like get over it.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112