+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3143141;
    What do most contestants do after SYTYCD? Do they go to Broadway? Seems like they could do some Broadway shows.
    Neil Haskell of Season 3 is in Altar Boyz off-Broadway, where he gets to sing and dance. Seems like past contestants do some choreography for the the show. Benji of Season 2 travels to many countries to teach and perform.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3143174;
    It's funny that you are all railing on Will's solo. Me, I hate the guy - hate the pimping, and see him as nothing special.

But I LOVED his solo this time.
    Same here. It's about the only solo I've seen this season that was entertaining.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3142657;
    Joshua and Chelsie: Doriana's Disco. I hope I didn't just see him fall out of that spin. OK, so this is one style that I'm not enjoying my Joshua doing. Chelsie seems to be having her own problems with it. That whole thing was just kind of uncomfortable for me.
    I like Joshua a lot, but I saw him fall too. Not only that, but it looked like when he put Chelsie down after the spin, he sort of dropped her. I didn't really enjoy the routine much.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3143555;
    Same here. It's about the only solo I've seen this season that was entertaining.
    After so many seasons of watching solos, they just aren't that original any more, with the possible exception of some of the hip hop routines. Will's was one of the few solos that I actually enjoyed this season. Great job!

I think Cat was bowing to James Brown - NOT Will. I didn't see his solo - wasn't interested until I saw the James Brown wig.

I am really surprised that Mia's disaster routine was so well received here. There was almost no dancing involved in it which even Nigel commented on and the violent flailing about that Katee looked more like a seizure than a Contemporary dance. Twitch had some good club dancing moves, but that isn't Contemporary dance either. They shouldn't encourage Mia to come up with more crap like this by praising it and calling it dance. I was truely disgusted by this routine and genuinely disappointed that no one else here shared my view.

Joshua comes across as a great guy, but I would NEVER have guessed him to be a dancer, if I hadn't seen him on this show. He doesn't have a dancer's body. He even looks short when noone is beside him. Tonight was the first time that I didn't think he did well and that he was over his head in the competition.

I think the bottom two should be: Comfort and Katee with Comfort leaving and Twitch and Joshua with either of them going.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I am really surprised that Mia's disaster routine was so well received here. There was almost no dancing involved in it which even Nigel commented on and the violent flailing about that Katee looked more like a seizure than a Contemporary dance. Twitch had some good club dancing moves, but that isn't Contemporary dance either. They shouldn't encourage Mia to come up with more crap like this by praising it and calling it dance. I was truely disgusted by this routine and genuinely disappointed that no one else here shared my view.
    Well, I was railing about this one to my hubby but failed to do so here. Sorry. Yeah, hanging off of doors, banging on them and kissing isn't quite dance. It wasn't even that entertaining imnsho. Twitch did have one nice leap over Katee and once in awhile she'd move dance like a little, but it was a horrible routine of Mia's.

I really liked Twitch & Katee's contemporary as a performance. But from a dancing aspect, they didn't do that much, especially Twitch. The first 5 seconds or so were comprised of Katee & Twitch staring at each other and then sharing a big ol' kiss. But I can't really blame either of them for the lack of dancing. But again, as a performance, it was great. I definitely give props to Mia for putting it together.
    I'm sorry, I really am, but I don't really get this? How can you give props for this when you admit there was hardly any dancing? And in order to perform, you have to be dancing first. Otherwise, it's a play.

^ Ummm... when was it a rule that you have to dance in order to perform? :/

I know what I like, and I know I liked Mia's piece. Everyone knows that there was barely any dancing in that routine. But with that aside, Mia's routine told a story. I thought it was successful at telling that story, and even though it might have been a little violent for some, I thought it was great.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

"Welcome, to 'So You Think You can Do Performance Art'"!

Not quite as catchy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Yep, it's a dancing show, and the performance is in the dance. Like I said, otherwise, it's just a play. How can you commend performance of a dance routine, when there is no dance?

I've never seen someone enjoy being called "twisted" like Mia does. I'm not saying I hate everything she's ever done, but I refuse to applaud her when it is so clearly undeserved.

+ Reply to Thread