+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

To the Point

Re: 7/16 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3135898;
    As I mentioned in an earlier post, I loved Lil C. His critiques were far better than those of the vast majority of judges they have on the panel. However! To be honest, Lil C's vocabulary outstripped him on numerous occasions. Although I found his attempt at the use of a broader vocabulary admirable, many times he would use a word that 'sounded' like the appropriate word, but was not, in fact, the correct word.

Still, I hope we see much more of Lil C in this, and future seasons of SYTYCD.
    I also noticed that his attempts at the broader vocab resulted in the use of inappropriate words, but gave him grace since he was at least making a sincere attempt at helpful critiques.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3134847;
    No insult to Chelsie and Katee intended - both of whom are doing very wel and I enjoy watching them. But in my opinion, neither of them are as good as past contestants like Lacey, Sabra, Heidi, or Allyson. For example, while Chelsie is the best ballroom dancer in the Top 10, I think Heidi and Lacey can dance rings around her. I would make the same comparison with Katee and Alyson from Season 2 or Sabra from Season 3. In those seasons you could actually picture those girls possibly winning the whole competition. Not so this year. When the Top 20 started the season it was anybody's game. Now it's Will's title to lose. Where is his challenger? (I know not everyone likes Will, so I expect a diversity of opinion here. This is just what I'm seeing.)
    I agree that the girls in this season are generally not as good as the previous seasons, but Katee is an exception. Her performances have been consistent, entertaining, and technically brilliant. Dancing rings around her? to each his own I guess..

Sabra, on the other hand, did not give me the effect as katee. Her only memorable perofmrance for last season was the one she did in the final 4...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3134847;
    No insult to Chelsie and Katee intended - both of whom are doing very wel and I enjoy watching them. But in my opinion, neither of them are as good as past contestants like Lacey, Sabra, Heidi, or Allyson. For example, while Chelsie is the best ballroom dancer in the Top 10, I think Heidi and Lacey can dance rings around her. I would make the same comparison with Katee and Alyson from Season 2 or Sabra from Season 3. In those seasons you could actually picture those girls possibly winning the whole competition. Not so this year. When the Top 20 started the season it was anybody's game. Now it's Will's title to lose. Where is his challenger? (I know not everyone likes Will, so I expect a diversity of opinion here. This is just what I'm seeing.)
    I have to disagree, I love love love Chelsie and Katee , I think they are fabulous. Lacey never engaged me that much, although she always pulled off her routines, I never liked Sabra, Heidi had one really spectacular routine in her season that made me a fan, and Allyson, well, Allyson is probably still my all time favorite! Chelsie this season is absolutely adorable and like the judges said, she could dance with a pole and make it look good! Katee is an amazing dancer, but she had attitude at the beginning and I am afraid that might hurt her in the long run. Time will tell and I will be watching! Just love these routines!

Lacey and Heidi always bugged me a little as fakey. Constant hamming for the camera. They both seemed to always know exactly which camera was on them and made sure they were grinning at it. Very annoying. I was never a Sabra fan either, and never got the judge-gushing she got. She was good, but to me, not even top 4 that year.

Chelsea and Katee, each in a different way, have elevated themselves in my eyes to Allyson's level.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3136894;
    Chelsea and Katee, each in a different way, have elevated themselves in my eyes to Allyson's level.
    I consider Allyson one of the best dancers ever on the show too and I love Chelsea, but Katee is very unattractive and as shallow as that sounds, it makes me like her less as a dancer. Afterall dancing is all visual unless you are the one doing it.

I don't find Katee unattractive at all, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

FORT Regular

Chelsie is like Heidi and Lacey. Their dancing is flirty, sexy, and fun to watch.

Sabra is like Will, too much into their technique and art that they sometimes fail to connect to their audience.

Katee is just on another level. She is awesome technically, but is able to connect to the audience by interjecting passion, charm, and character into her performances. She, like the judges have said, is able to put something into the performances and not just dance it well.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3138037;
    I don't find Katee unattractive at all, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    I actually find Katee very attractive

I guess beauty is really in the eye of the beholder

FORT Newbie

I find Katee very attractive, but I disagree that she is the best at connecting with the audience in addition to having great technique. I would put her on par with Sabra in that sense. To me, the best at being a charismatic performer combined with flawless technique is Alison. Actually, I also put Heidi at that level. For me, those two dancers have the most memorable performances, not to mention their awesome versatility (it is impressive to me that they both have more than one fantastic, memorable, charismatic performance outside their genre), and this season the only dancer that compares is Joshua. It's hard for me to agree that Katee is at that level because although I liked her from her first performance with Joshua, she didn't stand out the way Joshua did until she was able to perform her own style. For example, there are a lot of routines that I can watch over and over, and many from this last episode, but Katee and Will performing broadway isn't one of them. Katee and Will doing the ballet? I have seen it probably half a dozen times and I'm not bored of it yet (kind of like the Sabra routine with Lacey's original partner that was contemporary, I never could get sick of that routine).

+ Reply to Thread