+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SYTYCD Tour

Re: SYTYCD Tour

I'll be posting them later. I have a party to go to tonight.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

So You Think You Can Dance... dance... dance... dance

Well I had to take these photos without flash, so most of the ones I took were disappointingly blurry. But some of them turned out pretty cool, like this one I got of Mark during his solo. It's so trippy, I love it.

Katee & Joshua did so many dances together. First they did their samba from week 3. The song ("Baila, Baila") would not get out of my head for the next days or so. Then they did the "Hometown Glory" contemporary from week 4. They also did their other contemporary from week 8, danced to "All By Myself" (the catch was amazing). They also did their broadway from week 2 (which is so much better live, very entertaining). Their "No Air" hip-hop was the last couple dance they did. I loved all of them, especially "No Air." But the one I also loved seeing the most live was this one:

Here's the "Asisted Run." I couldn't get them completely still since they moved pretty fast, but the picture actually turned out pretty nice, if you ask me.

At they very beginning, they all came out on stage (including Chelsea & Thayne, the special guests), and we were first greeted by Joshua since he was the winner and all. But then he said, "But I think you guys want to see someone else greet you instead of me." Then he gave the mic to Katee and she gave a big, "What's up San Jose!?!?!?!" If you didn't know already, Katee's hometown is right here in San Jose.

I loved Katee. I couldn't help but scream, "I love you Katee!" or "Katee!" or "Katua!" when she was on stage with Joshua.

The part where I laughed the most was during Courtney and Will's "lyrical" hip-hop. The dance itself was amazing, but they put these pictures up on the screen during the dance. They were mock wedding pictures.

But you know, I spent so much time getting pictures that I missed a few things. But whatever, at least I got to go.

If you guys want more pictures, then I'll put a few more up later on.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 09-28-2008 at 03:18 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3206778;
    If you guys want more pictures, then I'll put a few more up later on.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures. Yes, more please....

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Yes, thanks!!!

I feel like I should tag these pictures just to claim credit for taking them. Eh... I'm too lazy to anyway.

Okay, last batch. Cause there's not really anything else to show after this (cause like I said, some pictures just came out really blurry, or the lighting from the stage may have been a little too strong that it made the pictures all weird). For example...

This is a picture I took of Will and Jessica's Adam & Eve dance. You can see that the blue lighting made them look very blue. But for some reason, I think the picture came out very cool.

Here's a dance I really enjoyed: Comfort & Mark's "Party People" hip-hop.

They had this segment where they talked about different countries and their dances. The first country was Cuba, then Russia, then it was Austria next IIRC, and lastly India. Each country had a dance performed after it was mentioned. Also, people dressed up in the respective countries' cultural clothing. For example:

Courtney came out first to talk about Cuba. Then Gev and Comfort came out in the cultural clothes.

But also during this segment, we found Gev trying to chase after Courtney. It was cute, even if it was staged.

He actually dressed up for each of the countries minus India because Courtney was introducing each of the countries (Jessica talked about India). They set it up that way so that Gev would look like he was chasing after Courtney.

Each person (minus Chelsea & Thayne) did a solo. They showed each person's goodbye segment before the solos:

That was the moment I caught during Katee's goodbye segment. Gosh, I hope Natalie comes back next year.

This could possibly be my favorite picture that I took. I got everything: the background screen, the dance, the stage. And it wasn't blurry! And it's of one of my favorite dances of the whole season: Marksie's "Bleeding Love" routine.

It's funny how my favorite pictures are of Mark. He wasn't even my favorite of the season.

And this was the finale:

Hope you guys enjoyed these pictures.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 09-28-2008 at 06:00 AM.

Oh, I forgot to include most of the details. Here was the order of the performances:

Act I
    01. "Elevator" Group Dance
    02. Katee & Joshua's Samba
    03. Twitchington's Hip-Hop (I don't know why they included this)
    04. Will & Courtney (Even though I enjoyed it on the show, I don't know why they decided to include this. IIRC, others didn't enjoy it quite as much)
    05. Gev & Chelsie's Jive
    06. Katua's "Hometown Glory" Contemporary
    07. Will's Solo
    08. Mark & Courtney's "Garden" Jazz
    09. Katua's Broadway
    10. Gev's Solo
    11. Will & Jessica's "Adam & Eve" Contemporary
    12. Mark & Comfort's "Party People" HH
    13. Twitchington's "Bed" Contemporary
    14. Chelsie's Solo
    15. "Five Guys Named Moe" Group Dance (Seriously, why did they include this?)
    16. Kherington's Solo
    17. Thayne & ChelseaT's Cha Cha
    18. Twitch & Joshua's Trepak
    19. Mark & Courtney's Viennese Waltz (I was shocked they included this. It wasn't that memorable)
    20. Katua's Bollywood
    21. Bollywood Group Routine

Act II
    01. "The Dance" Contempoary Routine
    02. Twitch & Katee's "Door" Contemporary
    03. Comfort's Solo
    04. Joshua & Chelsie's Argentine Tango (They should have had Mark & Cheslie's Tango instead)
    05. Katee's Solo
    06. Twitch & Comfort's HH
    07. Mark's Solo
    08. Gev & Courtney's Cha Cha
    09. Will & Katee's Pas de Deux
    10. Courtney's Solo
    11. "Money Money" Broadway Group Dance
    12. Twitch's Solo
    13. Katua's "All By Myself" Contemporary
    14. Mark & Chelsie's "Bleeding Love" HH
    15. Joshua's Solo
    16. Twitchington's Viennese Waltz
    17. Katua's "No Air" HH
    18. "You Can't Stop the Beat" Finale Dance

Courtney introduced Joshua & Chelsie's Argentine Tango. While doing so, she proceded to talk about Dmitry (since he choreographed it) and how she thought his accent was sexy. Then Gev ran on stage and said, "I have an accent!" It was so endearing. And hilarious.

As much as I loved them (esp. Katee), there should have been less Katua dances. They had eight dances each, six together! And add the group dances to that. They both much be very tired! Including the broadway is understandable, since they probably wanted to include a broadway routine in the tour. They could have got rid of one of their contemporary pieces.

And I can't believe there was only one Marksie piece! Behind Katua, they were the second most popular couple (of the original couples), with the both of them making the top 6. There should have been more pieces with the both of them.

I think the reason they decided to put Joshua & Chelsie's Argentine Tango is because they didn't want to have Katee do more dances than him (since he won and she got 3rd). Besides the dances with Joshua, it was obvious they were going to include her door routine and her pas de deux. So they needed two dances of Joshua's to even it out.

There was a whole cheer section for Katee on the right side of the room. They took up many aisles and many rows. They were all dressed in red shirts and held up white towels just so they could be more noticable in the dark (the white was more visible than the red). I saw a few of them walking around during intermission. The shirts had things like, "Hometown hero!" or "We love you Katee!"

Mark was also very popular. I hear that his 8x10 photograph was sold out early on (there are 8x10 photographs sold of each of the dancers). I bought Katee's 8x10 photo after the show ended, so even Katee didn't even sell out in her hometown! But I'm speculating that they stocked up on Katee photos since she's from San Jose and they thought they would sell quickly.

Great pics, CG - thanks for sharing! I agree with you on some of those dances they included...strange choices. But overall it sounds like it was a good show, glad you enjoyed it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I went to the concert at the Honda Center in Anaheim. This weekend, when I get home, I will upload a truck load of pictures. The concert was fun, though I agree some of the routine selections were iffy.

I went to the bus area after the show and got everyone other than Comfort to sign my program. Got to talk to Gev, which made my night. Mark, who has a totally awesome sense of humor and infectious laugh, and Twitch. All of them were so nice. They signed autographs until 1 am

Most of my "good" pictures, with the lighting and no flash they are hit and miss, are of Gev, Mark and Will.

Will is super duper tiny and for some reason I wasn't expecting that.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;3206973;
    I went to the concert at the Honda Center in Anaheim. This weekend, when I get home, I will upload a truck load of pictures. The concert was fun, though I agree some of the routine selections were iffy.

I went to the bus area after the show and got everyone other than Comfort to sign my program. Got to talk to Gev, which made my night. Mark, who has a totally awesome sense of humor and infectious laugh, and Twitch. All of them were so nice. They signed autographs until 1 am

Most of my "good" pictures, with the lighting and no flash they are hit and miss, are of Gev, Mark and Will.

Will is super duper tiny and for some reason I wasn't expecting that.
    JLuvs, have you gone to any other shows in the past? If so, how does this season's tour compare to the past ones?

This was my first one, and I loved it. I just wish that I didn't spend so much time focusing on my camera. And I wish I had known about the Meet & Greet. It would have been awesome to meet everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    This was my first one...And I wish I had known about the Meet & Greet. It would have been awesome to meet everyone.
    Bummers that you didn't know about the meet & greet. I went to the 2006 Tour in NYC and an usher told me where to wait for the dancers. They were so nice to sign autographs and sign pics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast