+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pairings

Re: New Pairings

As randomly as the producers will allow.
    Tahoe bound....

I'd think so too, but we see them actually drawing names out of a hat. I don't see how you could stage that without word of it escaping the set. Plus you always see the shock on their faces "We got the Quick Step!" etc.
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;3125651;
    I see now. Since Gev is short and he can't dance with Kherington. So the producers will let him go first and pick Katee or Chelsie. And then the other 4 guys can pick any girl.
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

Well I think that the producers group the pairs together in the beginning. This is the reason why tall got paired with tall (Matt & Kourtni) and short got paired with short (Gev & Courtney).

But when we're down to the top 10, they draw their partner out of a hat. Though I always find it weird that a person never gets the same partner twice, unless they make it to the final 4 because in that case, a person dances with everyone in the final 4. My guess: if they draw a person's name that they've already gotten before, they put their name back in the hat and draw again.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

To the Point

I may be wrong, but I do believe that in past seasons contestants have gotten the same partner more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;3125651;
    Exactly, all producers have to do is stick one name in hat and make it look random.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

We have definitely gotten repeats on pairings at least 3 times that I can remember.

And yes - they can easily stage the drawing. I don't know that they do, and actually suspect they don't --- but it would DEFINITELY be possible, and certainly not completely outside the box.

Possible spoiler, although it comes straight from Nigel during an interview about Jessica's injury:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Chelsea is paired with Joshua.

Guess we'll see who is propping up whom.
    Last edited by Lucy4588; 07-14-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3130175;
    Possible spoiler, although it comes straight from Nigel during an interview about Jessica's injury:

Click to see Spoiler:

My feeling is that neither Joshua or Katee is propping each other. It's more that their pairing is synergistic. Their personalities and movements mesh well. I think it's similar with Mark and Chelsea.

Twitch and Kherrington are evenly matched, I don't think either is particularly oustanding. Twitch is riding high on editing, face time and his story continued from last season. Kherrington is the "pretty girl" foil to this season's "hero".

SYTCD likes to have their "hero" - goofy/popular character and their "artist" - conceited contemporary dancer.

As for couples propping each other, I don't feel that any couple this season is unvenly matched the way Cedric/any partner were. If anything, I feel like there is "anti-propping". I think that Will makes Jessica look bad, not because he is so great like the judges would have us believe, but because he is such a crappy partner. His non-contemporary routines have been really sloppy and the girl needs a strong partner in pair dancing, that she can trust, or she winds up looking sloppy herself.

It will be very interesting to see if Will meshes well with any of his new partners. If he screws up, I'm sure the judges will blame the new girl anyway.
    Last edited by Lucy4588; 07-14-2008 at 07:15 PM.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3130175;

Click to see Spoiler:

I've read that on a few sites but every site has him with a different woman but coincedentally all 3 begin with the same letter. lol I wouldn't mind this one as she's my fave. I think they'd be hot in Latin dancing. I also wouldn't mind seeing this one with Will either. I think he might end up with one of the better girls at present.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast