+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 7/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;3105148;
    ITA, Expecially the hip hop this year... Where are you Shane? Come back and save us from more hideous hip hop from the sisl and osl.. or whoever they are. They are not good choreographers.
    Oh, good. I'm not the only one who loathes Cicely and Olisa's *cough* "choreography." Love Shane, love Nap and Tab....but these two need to go. Far, far away.

I agree to a point with the comments about them getting away from traditional styles. I don't mind them taking liberties with certain things - barefoot waltzes I can handle - but damn, make sure we can still recognize that dance for what it's supposed to be. A waltz shouldn't have so many contemporary moves thrown in, and hip hop should be just that. I can understand them changing things up a bit for the sake of entertainment, but come on...Mia's non-dance for Twitchington was just too much. It was all story telling, and no dance. She's done better.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: 7/3 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3105692;
    Oh, good. I'm not the only one who loathes Cicely and Olisa's *cough* "choreography." Love Shane, love Nap and Tab....but these two need to go. Far, far away.

I agree to a point with the comments about them getting away from traditional styles. I don't mind them taking liberties with certain things - barefoot waltzes I can handle - but damn, make sure we can still recognize that dance for what it's supposed to be. A waltz shouldn't have so many contemporary moves thrown in, and hip hop should be just that. I can understand them changing things up a bit for the sake of entertainment, but come on...Mia's non-dance for Twitchington was just too much. It was all story telling, and no dance. She's done better.
    You said it much better than I could have. While Mia's stories are captivating, they're not dancing. And Ditto the love for Nap and Tab! Love their stuff!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011