+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: 7/2 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 7/2 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3098650;
    The choreography was lousy.
    I agree! I think the wc swing was bad choreography. Of course, we don't know for certain, but I saw Benji winking and smiling when one of the judges mentioned the stops and starts. Made me think that it was intentional. Very disappointing routine by Benji.

Katee and Joshua are just amazing. Next on my list are Kerrington and Twitch. I loved the Mia Michaels routine, and I am not into the contemporary thing.

People seem to think of swing more like jive. West coast swing is generally slower than even east coast swing, much less jive. The song may have been a tad slow, but the competitive ballroom dancers in my household thought that it was fine. They also liked the cheorography.

I think we are used to seeing Katee and Josh do so well that some people are looking for a reason that they didn't do so well at this dance. I think if Benji and Lacey had done the routine people would have loved it. It is an extra challenge to learn two routines in the matter of a few days so we were bound to lose a little bit in performance.

I don't recall ever seeing Benji do a WCS dance that slow. His dancing was always so fast, bordering on frenetic. This was slow, by his standards.
    Tahoe bound....

Having Joshua attempt a cartwheel with Katee supporting him was just flat dumb on the choreographer's part.

+ Reply to Thread