+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Dance Routines - Season 4

Favorite Dance Routines - Season 4

I know its still early -but I've already seen two that I know will be all-time favorites for me:

Mark and Chelsie - hip hop, "Bleeding Love" choreo by Tabitha and Napoleon.
    This one ranks in my top 3 or 4 ever on the show. Just a perfect blend of dance, music and interpretation. I've already rewatched it about 5 times!

Joshua and Katee - samba, don't know the music! choreo by Tony and Melanie?
    I liked this even better than their soldier boy hip hop by T and N. The samba was sexy and hot! Joshua was born to dance latin and Katee keeps surprising.

There are others I like, but I'm stopping with these 2 as my BEST so far....
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Re: Favorite Dance Routines - Season 4

Oh, great topic, Gala!

Tickety's Top Five, FWIW.

Number #1 on my list is definitely Mark & Chelsie's hip hop to Bleeding Love, choreographed by Tabitha & Napoleon. I have it saved on my computer. I don't think I would be exaggerating to say I've watched it around 50 times since last week, on average 7 times a day. I practically have the steps down! LOVE IT.

Number #2 for me is Kherington & Twitch's Viennese Waltz to A New Day Has Come, choreographed by Jean-Marc Genereux. Beautiful. Only my idea of it is somewhat blemished because of Mia's commentary afterward. I feel like I can never watch that piece the same way I did the very first time - without concentrating too much on Kherington's smile. I really enjoyed it the first time - it was just beautiful and sweet - but after listening to Mia I always find myself focusing on how much they smile.

Number #3 would be Katee & Joshua's hip hop to No Air, choreographed by Tabitha & Napoleon.

Number #4 is - here's a shocker - Comfort & Chris' Jazz routine to The Beautiful People, choreographed by Tyce Diorio. I actually REALLY enjoyed it and was very surprised the judges didn't like it. I thought the two of them got totally into character and I for one didn't care that the brown capes weren't used more. Watching their movements and their facial expressions... wow... I really don't see how the judges could've asked them to be more animalistic. They were to me. I was so into their performance.

Number #5 is Courtney & Gev's Rumba to Wishing On A Star, choreographed by Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin. I just don't like Courtney as a dancer (I really don't know why!), so I don't like it as much as I probably would had another couple I like done it.

I also like - but not as much as the rest - Katee/Joshua's Samba, Mark/Chelsie's Paso Doble and Mark/Chelsie's Contemporary. Matt/Kourtni's Jazz piece to "Tainted Love" had so much potential to be great but they didn't carry it through at all.

Can't wait for this week's routines!
    Last edited by Tickety; 07-01-2008 at 11:38 AM.
    2003-2008.

FORT Fogey

Twitchington's - Broadway "Too Damn Hot"

Gev and Courtney's Rumba "Wishing on a star" - didn't expect although,

Chelsea and Mark - Hip Hop "Bleeding Heart" (though loving everything from them) gives me absolute chills each time I watch it

Joshua and Katee - Loved their samba, they're another couple whose dance I really remember

And please no flames, just have to say:
    Comfort & Chris' Beautiful People Jazz routine had great choreography, They really let Tyce down
    as well as, Jessica and Will's Disco, it's the only time that I thought Doriana had done great choreography but Jessica and Will dropped thet ball.

I absolutely agree about Will and Jessica's disco. Really difficult, intricate choreo, and BOTH of them fell flat (although there were some nice moments).

Last night's routines were not that memorable for me EXCEPT for the *lack* of costuming for Twitch and Will! NOW that is something I can rewatch endlessly!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I'll just say right now I'm really enjoying this season, much more than I expected after the first week out. First weeks are always rough, I suppose. Out of the 14 routines, I really liked 4.

Jessica/Will's Lyrical to "Alone", choreographed by Mandy Moore
    AKA the dance with the shirt. I thought they were totally convincing as a couple, but I'm glad I was watching this dance by myself! I don't know what my parents would've thought. As the weeks go by I find this couple much more likeable.

Kherington/Twitch's Contemporary to "Dreaming With a Broken Heart", choreographed by Mia Michaels
    I don't know how well these two did technically - I assume Kherington did fine since she's trained, not sure about Twitch. Even Nigel said it was hard to judge this piece on dancing since it was so much about performance. Since it was about performance, I will say that these two really did commit to the story and to their characters. I've already rewatched it on YouTube. Dang, that Mia is good!

Katee/Joshua's Contemporary to "Hometown Glory", choreographed by Mia Michaels
    Whoa... was this intense or what? Amazing stuff! I'd like to channel Nigel a bit and say that Katee & Joshua "breathed together" when they did this piece. The judging was right on. Katee's dive and freeze and the "assisted run" were fantastic. My personal favorite part was the very last lift that they did at the end, when the camera zoomed in on their faces. Katee looked so pained. It was totally believable.

Courtney/Gev's Broadway to "New York, New York"
    Great choreography. I have to wait for the recap to look for the choreographer's name. I'm glad they ended the show well.

Honorable mentions are Mark/Chelsie's Foxtrot and Jazz pieces. I just don't care too much for Foxtrot-type routines and don't think the Jazz piece had a lot for me to "grab hold of" other than the mwahs. They did great on both, and I love the two of them together... I just think they were given lukewarm routines, compared to Bleeding Love last week.
    2003-2008.

I absolutely loved Tyce Diorio's group routine this week (7/3 performance show). It was so utterly captivating!

Money money money!
    2003-2008.

So far my favorite was Gev's solo if that counts...If you haven't noticed...I love him!

I could only think of 2 routines that really stood out for me.

1. Chelsie & Mark's Hip-hop dance (Bleeding Love) and
    2. Katee & Joshua's Hip-hop dance

Napoleon & Tabitha are really good. Love the routines they prepare for the dancers.

Mark and Chelsea's Bleeding Love is the only one that stacks up against previous season's best (Ivison's park bench, etc).

Best of the rest are two of Katee-Joshua's (hip hop and samba), and M&C's from last week. Twitchington's bed "routine" was passionate and entertaining, but not "dance".

Hey Mike, the park bench routine was Travis and Heidi. Alison and Ivan were the umbrella and the Annie Lennox lyrical (Why) .
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast