+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Favorite Dance Routines - Season 4

Re: Favorite Dance Routines - Season 4

More great routines this week. I loved (in no particular order)

Chelsie & Gev's Contemporary
    Amazing leaps from Gev who isn't ballet-trained, great emoting from Chelsie. Awesome choreography. I'm glad Sonya's (Sonja's?) choreography was done by these two... Matt & Kourtni didn't deliver before.

Courtney & Joshua's Hip-Hop and Rumba
    Solid night from the both of them though I liked other dancers' solos much more than theirs'. That Rumba... oh my gosh. I think I like it more than Sabra/Dominic's Rumba from last season, which I like A LOT.

Katee & Will's Broadway
    Another great Broadway routine from Katee and more awesome choreography from Tyce. It's no wonder Tyce set a record for getting 4 s every week when he was on Star Search. Did you see him leaping around in the rehearsal studio? We should let Tyce dance for one of the results shows! Love the characters they were given and how they worked that boat! Love love love I'd say it's the best Broadway piece ever done on the show, though last week's group number ("Money makes the world go around, world go around" ) was amazing as well.

Comfort & Twitch's Hip-Hop was totally buck. Haha.

Finally, my favorite solos were those by Katee, Mark, Chelsie and Twitch.
    2003-2008.

I'm starting to finally enjoy this season. About time! What I like is that they keep introducing different dance styles. Yes, the two-step was a hot mess but it was different and then we had the ballet and the bollywood routines that were awesome!

Katee & Joshua - Bollywood

Katee & Will - Ballet

Hmmm... I think I see a pattern here... my TWO favorite routines of this season revolve around Katee. Nothing else has really captured my attention other than a passing "oh that was good."

LOVED Courtney and Josh's Rhumba - Loved, loved it!

The pas de deux was wonderful - not exactly what I was expecting - a little more contemporary, but so lovely and well-executed (bobble forgiven!) that I simply enjoyed the whole presentation.

I so wanted the 2-step to succeed...butttt...not this time!
    hopefully they'll try it again.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I really only liked 4 dances from last night (7/23, Top 8 performance show).

1. Mark/Comfort's Hiphop, choreographed by Napoleon & Tabitha, to Party People - Fergie feat. Nelly

2. Mark/Comfort's Foxtrot, choreographed by Jean-Marc & France, to Lady Luck - The Brian Setzer Orchestra

3. Katee/Twitch's Broadway, choreographed by Tyce Diorio, to Sweet Georgia Brown - Bubbling Brown Sugar (Original Broadway Cast)
    That said, I'm getting mighty tired of Broadway routines already. Can't we substitute it with something else? Pop? Lindy Hop? West Coast Swing? I'm dying here.

and, of course, Mark's Solo, which I felt was head and shoulders above the rest, which felt old and stale.
    2003-2008.

Mark and Comfort's hip hop by T & N definitely was tops for me last night.

Twitch and Katee's contemporary by Mia was really good. Not much dancing per se, but so enjoyable overall.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety
    and, of course, Mark's Solo, which I felt was head and shoulders above the rest, which felt old and stale.
    I liked Mark's solo too, but disagree that the rest were old and stale. Comfort's, Twitch's, Joshua's were boring. Chelsie's was very good. And as much as I don't like Will, his solo was probably the best dance I've seen from him all year. Courtney was good as well, although possibly a BIT familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3143317;
    Mark and Comfort's hip hop by T & N definitely was tops for me last night.
    That was what stood out for me last night, too. Amazing routine, amazing performance, incredible timing! Loved Mark's solo as well.

I LOVED Mark and Courtney's Viennese Waltz, and Joshua and Katee's contemporary and paso doble. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The others were good last night, but the 3 above really stood out for me.

I totally agree. Those 3 were amazing dances. All of the dancing was great last night, but J/K are just so much fun to watch together. They seem to bring out the best in each other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234