+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 6/19 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 6/19 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

That's a good idea, shay! I don't dislike contemporary dancing, but there are so many of them this time. Variety would be nice.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3067925;
    I think a man has to be full of himself in order to dance Flamenco!
    Flamenco is about the passion and pride of the gypsy culture. It is a celebration of the outcast, maligned gypsies and the fire in their souls. Cockiness should not play a part in that.

Quote Originally Posted by DivaDancer;3068463;
    I think the judges are so inconsistent in their reasons for sending people home. Last year Neal did nothing but tricks in his solos yet the judges always kept him for that. And yet they didn't like Marquis' solo because it was nothing but tricks. Although I have not been a fan of Marquis I did think he did the best solo of the guys. I do agree with some of the other posters that he is probably not masculine enough for Nigel's taste and might have been sent home because of that.
    So glad someone else remembered this!-- likewise, when sabra came out last year she was all tricks and Nigel specifically said: Now thats how you dance when you dance for your life... and then how her stunts and stuff really stood out and some jabber about leaving it all on the stage..yada yada yada.
    BUT last night too many tricks and doing everything possible wasn't what they were looking for.. instead they kept boring tree boy whos solo was less exciting than an actual tree growing!
    I'm pretty tired of the judges' crap too.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3069468;
    Wonder how this show would be if they had set-aside slots for the main different dance styles? That might help avoid a stackup like what they've got now with the boring contemporary dancers. Balance the show out!
    I was thinking that myself:
    ie: for Guys 3 Contemporary/Lyrical/Ballet/3 Ballroom/WCS/Latin 3-Hip Hop/Breakdancers and one a wildcard that the audience votes to put thru

same for the girls -3 Contemporary/Lyrical/Ballet/3-Ballroom/WCS/Latin/3-Hip Hop Breakdancers and one a wildcard that the audience votes to put thru

How about it Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3069523;
    That's a good idea, shay! I don't dislike contemporary dancing, but there are so many of them this time. Variety would be nice.
    How about it Nigel
    Seems unanimous to me!~ prhoshay always has the right answers!
    You rule woman!
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 06-20-2008 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rikkikm;3069538;
    Flamenco is about the passion and pride of the gypsy culture. It is a celebration of the outcast, maligned gypsies and the fire in their souls. Cockiness should not play a part in that.
    I agree. I thought he was hot and really good till at the very end when he was done dancing and he did that thing with his arms up as if gesturing and saying "What? I know I'm hot and you do too." It was just too over the top cocky and ruined the whole thing for me.

I'm Cuban/Spanish, I know of Flamenco dancing and my mother taught me when I was young how to use castanets and some very basic moves (I'm not any good at it, she's MUCH better) but it's not a dance style I'm unfamiliar with and that over cockiness is something I've never seen before in this style of dance. Rikkikm nailed it when she said its about fire and passion, not about eyes that shout "Look at me. I'm HOT!"

Quote Originally Posted by DivaDancer;3068463;
    I think the judges are so inconsistent in their reasons for sending people home.

I say amen to that! I truly believe that they've made up their minds before the show even starts as to who they want to let go and the real reason they meet after the "dance off" is to come up with what ever rationlization they are going to need to "justify" the decision they've already made.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112