+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 6/12 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/12 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;3054927;
    There was some speculation in yesterday's thread that Rayven might choose not to do pointe work because of the floor. If you notice in the hip hop and jazz segments, the dancers have a real easy time doing slides and floor spins, leading me to believe that the floor is a bit harder than a typical ballet floor. I think Rayven tried pointe in rehearsal, felt unsteady, and chose not to do it in the DFYL segment. Nigel's critique would make more sense in that context, as he dissed her for playing it safe.
    That's a very good point (no pun intended), I hadn't thought about that possibility. As someone who dances on pointe, I know that there aren't a great number of surfaces on which you can safely dance on pointe. I would think the floor would be marley though, because that's pretty much a standard for all types of dance except tap.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

I think we all need to get it into our heads that Susie is Sanjaya, and no amount of hating or grousing by us will get her into the bottom 3 for a while. The invisible fanbase that doesn't post here, but votes in droves, is going to keep her in for a while.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;3054927;
    There was some speculation in yesterday's thread that Rayven might choose not to do pointe work because of the floor. If you notice in the hip hop and jazz segments, the dancers have a real easy time doing slides and floor spins, leading me to believe that the floor is a bit harder than a typical ballet floor. I think Rayven tried pointe in rehearsal, felt unsteady, and chose not to do it in the DFYL segment. Nigel's critique would make more sense in that context, as he dissed her for playing it safe.

Had I been the one to decide, I would have ditched Jaime to create a Rayven/Will partnership. Now THAT would be something to see.
    Another reason, that crossed my mind, is that she aimed for comtemporary since the show leans toward that and hip hop. She may have feared that going on pointe would not fit the vibe of the show. They have never choreographed a ballet or tap number in its history. Her costume screamed, I am a modern hip dancer. I don't remember his comment, playing it safe for her. That doesnt make sense because doing pointe work is her thing, so that would be safe.
    Last edited by shoepie; 06-13-2008 at 04:11 PM.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

I still haven't gotten everyone's name down, but I totally agreed with who the judges chose to go home.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread