+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: William Wingfield - SYTYCD 4

Re: William Wingfield - SYTYCD 4

I don't think anyone accused Will of being arrogant, just that he got incredibly boosted by the judges. His fault? No, but it was bound to have a backlash.

I think the criticism that Danny got last season from some of the judges actually helped him in the end come out of his shell and project more. Will never received ANY criticism and I think that was a disservice to him. It was always Jessica's fault, and when she was gone, the praise was just downright embarassing (Cat, get OFF the floor- sheesh!).

I think the viewers like to find their favorites, not have them crammed down their throats!

Having said all that....I LIKE Will and hope he is signed by some incredible group.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Regular

I thought Will was INCREDIBLE. I was sad to see him go.
    He is so physically blessed - muscular, and so strong in technique.
    Performance-wise, I always found him likeable. Not sure why he wasn't as popular as some of the others ~ especially Mark! I think he blows Mark away! I hope Mia Michels picks up Will in her work. He's phenomenal!

I liked Will, but honestly, I've liked most of the guys this season. Surprised to see Will go last night but not disapointed, the show is really a springboard for a lot of people's careers I think...and I think Mark is very talented too, so it's all good.
    Ron (Bachette 4): "I don't think DeAnna knows how to take him, she always seemed to watch him when he was doing funny stuff like he might pop and get Twilley juice all over her."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Mr. Delightful/Mr. Delicious.....I will really miss him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3144176;
    I don't think anyone accused Will of being arrogant, just that he got incredibly boosted by the judges. His fault? No, but it was bound to have a backlash.
    If you (and others) are responding to my comment, I actually said no one was able to call him arrogant like they did with Danny. I hated them using that word with Danny - I didn't think it was accurate at all.

Really? I thought it was perfectly accurate with Danny. He constantly had this aloof, I'm-above-all-this look on his face and in his demeanor. His facial expressions after a rare non-perfect judging were like, "Whatever, I know better."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3144587;
    Really? I thought it was perfectly accurate with Danny. He constantly had this aloof, I'm-above-all-this look on his face and in his demeanor. His facial expressions after a rare non-perfect judging were like, "Whatever, I know better."
    That's what I saw. And not because the judges told me to see it. Had the judges never said the word arrogant I would have come, right or wrong, to that conclusion myself.

Having said that, I didn't find Will at all arrogant. Quite the contrary. He seemed like a very likable guy. I just thought he was given an unfair advantage when the judges seemed to blame everything on Jessica, and didn't bother to point out Will's failings.

I was surprised that Will was sent home. When I saw it was Will and Twitch in the bottom two, I thought Twitch was a goner. What was really surpising is that Mark wasn't in the bottom two. I really thought he had a bad week compared to Will and Twitch.

FORT Newbie

Will is a beautiful dancer. I'm sure getting kicked off the show isn't worrying him at all. He's gonna be huge!
    Maybe now they can put Debbie back on the judging panel
    :-)

I thought Danny's dignified poise was misunderstood for arrogance, but even if he DID think we was better than the rest of the dancers... he was right. lol

The NYT had an article about him that said, in part, "If Mr. Tidwell is different from the other dancers on the show, the distinction has as much to do with his dignity as with his impeccable line and his ability to infuse slight choreography with authority, rare on such a talent show. When it comes time for him to pose while a phone number for viewers’ votes flashes on the screen, he never mugs for the camera. It’s sad, yet hardly a surprise, that such behavior could be taken as superciliousness."
    (am I allowed to post this? Happy to take it down if need-be)

Anyway, this is about Will, not Danny. I was comparing the two in terms of technical superiority to most of their competition and my disappointment with the ultimate outcome for each. I was making the observation that Danny had a hard time of things during the run of the show based on his personality, whereas Will had no such "deficiencies" yet was still eliminated prematurely (imo).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast