+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: William Wingfield - SYTYCD 4

Re: William Wingfield - SYTYCD 4

Funny thing is ... I think the judges are doing him a disservice. I actually don't like the guy, probably in whiplash to the judges overpraising of him (call it the Archuleta Syndrome). He's probably better than I give him credit for. But because of the droolfest from the judges, I don't like him.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I totally agreed with Cat last night...I was glad to see Will in the bottom 3 so that we could see his solo...he was phenomenal!!!!!!! Like Nigel said, he would be perfect with the Alvin Ailey dance group!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I was glad also. We needed to see that - we definitely can't see his strengths when with a weaker partner.

He was quite amazing , and I could certainly see the comparison with the dance troup.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Will's solo last night was extaordinary. Brilliant in fact. And I also agreed with Nigel that he was as good as the guys from Alvin Ailey. It will be good next week to see him dancing with someone other than Jessica.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Unless he happens to draw Jessica's name....Benji and Donyelle did so it is possible...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Am I the only one who felt like Will's solo last night was more of an audition for the Alvin Ailey group than it was an attempt to stay on SYTYCD. After all, he knew there was no way the lovesick judges would even consider eliminating him, so he really wasn't "dancing for his life" in that solo.

There's no doubt he's very talented, but I just don't think he's even close to being as great as he's made out to be.

JMO.
    Love lives forever <3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't think so. That is just, basically, his style of dancing. It happens to fit the style of the Alvin Ailey troupe. I think he's totally amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if Alvin Ailey's group wasn't contacting him about his future. His style of dance has been the same since his audition for the show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker;3125402;
    Am I the only one who felt like Will's solo last night was more of an audition for the Alvin Ailey group than it was an attempt to stay on SYTYCD. After all, he knew there was no way the lovesick judges would even consider eliminating him, so he really wasn't "dancing for his life" in that solo.

There's no doubt he's very talented, but I just don't think he's even close to being as great as he's made out to be.

JMO.
    Well, I agree with you partially . The first thing I thought when I saw him dance was "auditioning for Alvin Ailey"...However, I think he's fabulous. Or, maybe it isn't just the judges that are lovesick
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3125170;
    Unless he happens to draw Jessica's name....Benji and Donyelle did so it is possible...
    As did Alison when she drew Ivan.

I was unimpressed with the Alvin Ailey troupe. I think Will choreographs himself better than what I saw last night from AA.

One of Debbie Allen's top teacher and administrators at her dance school is a former AA troupe member and she has LOTS of connections with them as well as any number of other premier dance troupes. If Will wants to go that route after this, she'll be able to help him. She's very good about helping "her" dancers make it in the performing world! Debbie has been successful not just because she is talented (and she is very talented) but because she networks and markets and calls in favors. Having worked with her over several months, she has many, many friends. Some of whom are the biggest names in "Hollywood", and not necessarily actors.
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast