+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: William Wingfield - SYTYCD 4

Re: William Wingfield - SYTYCD 4

Quote Originally Posted by Totohomo;3046407;
    SYTYCD might be too common place for William. He's definitely more artiste than commercial dancer, and most of the American population would not be able to appreciate his motivations.

He'll probably be gone soon, may be even under his own accord.
    In that respect he's like Blake McGrath from season one, although without the 'tude.
    I love to watch him.
    I don't know how Jessica did last night because my eyes were firmly fixed on Will.
    He manages to combine being a great technician with an obvious and genuine feel for the music.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Just one tiny thing irks me after reading his bio... he claims not to have any formal dance training.

And Debbie Allen's school is???????

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I think he's suffering from Jessica/Jaymz syndrome... being paired with someone who doesn't interest the audience at all. (Though I actually didn't care much for Jaymz, either, but I thought he could've done better and gone further with another partner, say Erin, who was out the first week.) The funny coincidence is his partner's name is Jessica...

I don't like how the judges keep saying how he's Top 4 material and blah blah. I don't know why, but it's just a turnoff!
    2003-2008.

FORT Regular

I Love his style.
    he looked great last week and did a 180 and did great with hip hop.

He is one of my faves

So far, he is my favorite. The disco dance he did was great! Too bad his partner did so badly, she was way to stiff IMO.

He is not doing anything to me. It looks like the judges are prasing him way too much. He is a good dancer, but emotionally he doesn't transfer anything to me; it's just blank. I think in the disco performance Jessica was better than him. He threw her to the ground lack a sack once, and at the end he couldn't keep his posture and balance, so Jessica had to save it. If Will makes it to top 10, I can see him going very soon after that.

I think the rule going forward should be that Will is not allowed to wear a shirt for as long as he remains on the show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3066641;
    In that respect he's like Blake McGrath from season one, although without the 'tude.
    Last night I was thinking he reminded me of Danny from last year. Only more adaptable to different genres, and much more likable.

I have to admit I am, apparently, one of the few who likes Jessica.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I don't dislike Jessica, but I think she has trouble letting go and just dancing. Maybe she's overthinking everything or is just unsure of her ability, but I think the ability is there. Maybe she needs a good shot of whiskey before her performance just to loosen her up. If she doesn't go home tonight, she needs to do something quick because I don't think she'll have many more chances.

And I think that you think that partly because they keep telling us to think that. The judges have been pretty on-point when critiquing MOST of the performances after week 1 (Week 1 was a gushfest ... EVERYone was the epitome of perfection in week 1, I guess this was Nigel pimping his show...). But they have been over the top trying so hard to tell us that Will is the king of dance and Jessica the dance antichrist. It's too much. Will's good. Jessica's not as good. But for goodness sake judge the dances fairly - she hasn't been horrid EVERY time... and he hasn't been perfect EVERY time. We can tell the difference on our own - at least make the attempt at even-handedness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast