+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3150419;
    Are people claiming they don't believe the legitimacy of the the random draw?
    Courtney drew Mark's name out of the hat, I don't think they were deliberately paired together.
    When the "weakest" female is Courtney you know you have a great top three. I think she's highly underrated.
    She didn't look remotely weak to me. I thought her solo was excellent too, as opposed to Chelsie who suffers from being a partner dancer as they always seem to turn in weaker solos.
    Some of Lacey's last season were dreaful, imo, but she was always stellar in the routines.

I enjoy Mark, but he doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as Joshua and not quite as much as Twitch.

I absolutley question the "random" draw. I think if you look objectively at who got what partner when and who got which dances...well it seems pretty obvious there is some non-random things going on. They admit they have to "rig" it to some extent so that the same people don't keep getting the same partners, what makes people think they don't just rig it a little more so that, for instance, Will and Katee got the ballet that would have been disastrous if, for instance, Komfort had gotten it. They have a show to put on and they want it to be entertaining and profitable more than they want it to be "fair".

I really like Mark. He seems like a sweet guy, and quite funny. And he is an awesome dancer!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu;3148248;
    The judges seem to have it in for Mark. They successfully bumped off Thayne with their little manipulations and are applying the same techniques to Mark. Scathing critiques and glossing over anything done well. It's a shame that the dancers have to put up with this psychological BS of favoritism while trying to dance their hearts out.
    ITA! and while i DO like twitch, mark and joshua deserve to be in the final 4.

(side note.. the night they bumbed thayne off-- his solo was amazing)

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3153286;
    ITA! and while i DO like twitch, mark and joshua deserve to be in the final 4.

(side note.. the night they bumbed thayne off-- his solo was amazing)
    I absolutely agree. He is a much much stronger and more versatile dancer than Twitch. But . . he is from Hawaii (not a BIG audience) and he mugs a little too much (like Thayne) which may turn people off. But sorry he's gone.

For any Mark or Marksie (Mark & Chelsie fans), I've uploaded two montages about them over at YouTube
    Just search for me: username is Ticketys. Don't forget the S. They're the only 2 videos I've uploaded so don't worry about having to sort through a whole lot. Read the descriptions in the box to the right before you watch though, otherwise you may not understand.

If you wanna send me a comment then comment on the video itself, not here.

Spoilers for the results show involving Mark:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    He will be doing one of his partner dances as one of the judges "chosen favorites". I hope it's with Chelsie, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Tickety; 08-07-2008 at 04:51 AM.
    2003-2008.

If the judges are picking favorite performances that involve Mark, like the have for other finales, my guess is they'd pick the hip-hop with Chelsie or the waltz he did with Courtney.
    Forever a Word Nerd

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I would LOVE to see the "Bleeding Love" routine again...I think that is one of my absolute faves from this season!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I would like to see the waltz with Courtney again, although it might be the jazz with Courtney that gets performed since it's one of her favorites and maybe the judges' favorite also. If the judges pick their favorites, it might only be from routines of the final four, and since Mark only had a routine with Courtney, it can only be the waltz or jazz number. I also would like to see the top 5 guys routine, Five Guys Named Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3157997;
    Spoilers for the results show involving Mark:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    He will be doing one of his partner dances as one of the judges "chosen favorites". I hope it's with Chelsie, but we'll see.
    I really don't think that's a "spoiler" (although I left it that way). The last two years EVERYONE in the top 12 was involved in at least 1 of the "judges' favorites" to be redanced in the finale. I have no reason to expect differently... and I hope it's
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bleeding Love

Yay! I was great to see Mark perform three dances tonight, of which two were picked at the judges favorites. For some reason, I still think Nigel, Mary, Mia and Debbie weren't too crazy about him. Mark's routines didn't get the standing ovation from the judges like the rest did. Was I imagining this?

+ Reply to Thread