+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

Well, Katee and Mark have not yet been paired. I think they will be paired this week. They try to mix up the pairs until the final 4 so no one dances with their original (between top 20 and top 10) partners.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;3145156;
    Well, Katee and Mark have not yet been paired. I think they will be paired this week. They try to mix up the pairs until the final 4 so no one dances with their original (between top 20 and top 10) partners.
    I'd be OK with that. I just thought it was AWFULLY coincidental that Mark got paired with the two girls who were most likely to leave in the last two weeks. And then with the overall opinion that the judges were at least a bit harsh or at best, soft on the praise, it really makes me feel that they don't want Mark in the finale.

Thank you for the bit of hope, Tickety! I hope we do get to see Chelsie with Mark again too. If not this coming week - then in the finale!!! I thought they were one hot couple. And Chelsie is my favorite of the girls.

The judges seem to have it in for Mark. They successfully bumped off Thayne with their little manipulations and are applying the same techniques to Mark. Scathing critiques and glossing over anything done well. It's a shame that the dancers have to put up with this psychological BS of favoritism while trying to dance their hearts out.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu;3148248;
    The judges seem to have it in for Mark. They successfully bumped off Thayne with their little manipulations and are applying the same techniques to Mark. Scathing critiques and glossing over anything done well. It's a shame that the dancers have to put up with this psychological BS of favoritism while trying to dance their hearts out.

Exactly my thoughts, it's Thayne all over again. It's like the judges have decided on a storyline for the show and are just trying to make sure that the stupid public will go along with it, not actually judging what they see in front of them. I've noticed the judges all agree with each other much more each season.

Hopefully most people will see through it, and rebel against it like they did with Will

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu;3148248;
    ITA. The judges overlooked some of the other guys' mistakes or mediocre techinique, and down play Mark's good ones. It's a shame indeed. I'd love to see how Twitch or Josh would've handled that particular Foxtrot or the two-step. Since the Top 10, Mark has been paired with whoever's in the bottom for the girls.

For anyone who wants to know Mark's number for tonight's show, (Top 6 dancers) it's
    Click to see Spoiler:
    1 888 83676 06 or 1 888 TEMPO 06
    ! Vote your fingers off! I know I will.
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3148907;
    For anyone who wants to know Mark's number for tonight's show, (Top 6 dancers) it's
    Click to see Spoiler:
    1 888 83676 06 or 1 888 TEMPO 06
    ! Vote your fingers off! I know I will.
    I did. I'm worried though. About Chelsie too. If they both get the boot tonight, I won't be interested in the show next Wednesday. I will watch the results show, though.

I have to say though, as much as I griped about Mark being paired with the "weakest" dancer last night (no offense to Courtney - she's great, but I figured she was most likely to get voted off), I thought they did great together. They looked good together too.

Are people claiming they don't believe the legitimacy of the the random draw?
    Courtney drew Mark's name out of the hat, I don't think they were deliberately paired together.
    When the "weakest" female is Courtney you know you have a great top three. I think she's highly underrated.
    She didn't look remotely weak to me. I thought her solo was excellent too, as opposed to Chelsie who suffers from being a partner dancer as they always seem to turn in weaker solos.
    Some of Lacey's last season were dreaful, imo, but she was always stellar in the routines.

I enjoy Mark, but he doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as Joshua and not quite as much as Twitch.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I do love Mark and would like to see him in the final 4 - with Joshua as the other male.
    Courtney has really grown in her dancing and presentation, and I just love her personality (not crazy about Chelsies).

so would like to see Mark, Joshua, Courtney and Katee in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3150419;
    Are people claiming they don't believe the legitimacy of the the random draw?
    Courtney drew Mark's name out of the hat, I don't think they were deliberately paired together.
    When the "weakest" female is Courtney you know you have a great top three. I think she's highly underrated.
    She didn't look remotely weak to me. I thought her solo was excellent too, as opposed to Chelsie who suffers from being a partner dancer as they always seem to turn in weaker solos.
    Some of Lacey's last season were dreaful, imo, but she was always stellar in the routines.

I enjoy Mark, but he doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as Joshua and not quite as much as Twitch.
    I'm questioning the legitimacy of the "random" draw. It might be on the up and up, and it probably would take some trickery to rig it, but I think it's possible. It just seems awfully coincidental that Mark's partners the two previous weeks were the ones who were most likely to be voted off. I can't say for sure that Kherrington was more likely to be voted off than Jessica two weeks ago, but she was certainly in the bottom 2.

Once again, I hate to call Courtney the weakest dancer, because I really like her. In fact, I prefer her to Katee. But I figured Katee is more popular than Courtney. Personally, I think Chelsie is the best of the 3. I might agree that her strength is as a partner, rather than an individual, but I still think she does well on her solos.

+ Reply to Thread