+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Mark Kanemura - SYTYCD 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3142987;
    That fantastic BuckeyeAddict, we'll keep voting together!

I have delusions of him winning and I'm not ready to let him go yet, either. Not a single vote to Chelsie or anyone else last night, I was 100% Mark.

Oh. My. Gosh. How awesome was the Mark/Comfort Hip Hop?! Great characters for Mark and Comfort both, great hard-hitting dancing, great "riding of the beat". And Mark in that hoodie didn't hurt either...

The foxtrot - totally beautiful, from beginning to end - judges were wrong.
    The only thing I had time to watch last night was Mark's solo, mostly so I could get his number to vote for him. He's so darned cute! I sure hope our votes were enough. He seems to have a large fan base.

Fingers crossed! I know a lot of Mark fans came out of the woodwork after he was in the Bottom 2 last week and have finally learnt that they really do have to vote. My only worry is that Chelsie's standing might suffer, but I don't have time to worry about her!
    2003-2008.

Tyce says that Mark is a STAR in a season without any others!

You can see Tyce saying it here: movmnt | i-VAN (check out the cute picture of Danny, Sabra and Neil to the right of the video!)

When he starts talking about season 4, he says:

"I don't think there are any stars... Oh wait, wait. There is a star... What's his name? Oh, MARK. He's a star."

2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3143257;
    Tyce says that Mark is a STAR in a season without any others!

You can see Tyce saying it here: movmnt | i-VAN (check out the cute picture of Danny, Sabra and Neil to the right of the video!)

When he starts talking about season 4, he says:

"I don't think there are any stars... Oh wait, wait. There is a star... What's his name? Oh, MARK. He's a star."

WOW! Wow. It's hard to believe he'd say something like that! I'm glad he thinks that of Mark (as many of us do!), but he's kind of putting the others down at the same time... So why then do the judges seem to not be very impressed?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3143285;
    So why then do the judges seem to not be very impressed?
    IMO.. it's because they've already decided their Top 4, and they are doing everything they can to make it happen.

Subduing their praise for that amazingly awesome Mark/Comfort Hip-hop for example. I read that the audience went CRAZY after it, but they edited it so it appeared that the audience was lukewarm. To top it off they give backhanded compliments... "Mark, I'm SO SURPRISED at how well you did." When he's been OUTSTANDING before (Bleeding Love, anyone?)

They also overly criticized their foxtrot, which I thought (and many others on other blogs/forums etc.) was one of Comfort's best attempts at ballroom; Mark was perfect as usual but the judges chose to blatantly ignore it (you can't go from being an awesome Foxtrot partner one week to a total dud a few weeks later.)

And while they played up Mark/Comfort's flaws (the couple they want gone), they completely overlooked how wobbly Joshua was in his Disco (and how he fell out of a pirouette! :nono) and the fact that Katee did most of the work in her contemporary with Twitch. And they give a standing ovation because Will jumped around in a wig....

If it wasn't for Mark, I probably wouldn't tune in to watch the rest at all.. I just want to know what he's up against.. and according to Tyce, that's not much. I agree. Some may beat him technically (Katee, Will) but they lack the star quality that Mark has; others seem to be just growing stale and betraying their weaknesses (Joshua with the Disco, Comfort with her solos.)
    2003-2008.

I voted for Mark for two hours straight, on my home phone as well as on my cell phone. I agree that the judges toned down their praise for Mark & Comfort's hip-hop routine. They were amazing! They were so in sync and beautifully executed. My favorite routine of the night. (The other routines were just okay, nothing special. Their foxtrot was not at all bad like the judges said. Didn't like like what Toni Basil said about Mark's pirouette. I'm sure Mark did what choreographer asked of him.

The judges are definitely favoring Will. To give him a standing ovation for a solo that was not in his style and that was more like an impersonation of James Brown than a solo dance routine. Didn't really get the slow hip-hip routine he had Courtney. Mark would've given more emotion/passion had he gotten that. Didn't see the chemistry. JMO.

Oh man, if I could vote on this show...I would have voted for Mark, he's been exceptional every week in my opinion. He's so quirky too, love it!
    Ron (Bachette 4): "I don't think DeAnna knows how to take him, she always seemed to watch him when he was doing funny stuff like he might pop and get Twilley juice all over her."

Ugh ... did you actually watch the hold on the foxtrot? I like Mark a lot too ... but was embarrassed for him during the foxtrot. The "close" hold was no closer than 2 7th graders at their first slow dance. I do agree that he was not fairly given enough props on the hiphop - that was VERY good, especially considering it's not his style. But the FT was just bad. Maybe not completely his fault. But still bad.

Yay for Mark being in the TOP 2 this week!!! His fans need to remember to not slack off next week. Obviously nobody is safe.

Now, if he gets paired with Courtney next week, I will be utterly convinced that they are trying to get him off the show. Nothing against Courtney, but I think most would agree that both Chelsie and Katee are better dancers. And in the last 2 weeks, Mark has been paired with the two weakest remaining female dancers. Let's just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3144952;
    Yay for Mark being in the TOP 2 this week!!! His fans need to remember to not slack off next week. Obviously nobody is safe.

Now, if he gets paired with Courtney next week, I will be utterly convinced that they are trying to get him off the show. Nothing against Courtney, but I think most would agree that both Chelsie and Katee are better dancers. And in the last 2 weeks, Mark has been paired with the two weakest remaining female dancers. Let's just wait and see.
    Definitely won't be slacking off here

Regarding Mark's possible partner this week:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I saw the post-results show picture taken for this week. It's usually done after the new pairings have been drawn from the hat. Sometimes they indicate the partners... in last week's picture for instance all the new couples were together. I just saw this week's: Mark is flanked by Chelsie and Katee, and Twitch is the one next to Courtney. Still, we have to hope! I want a Marksie reunion! I love those two.
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread