+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy;3125667;
    However, it'd be way too weird to see two guys partnering.
    It wouldn't be weird, there is a lot they could do. Dance isn't all about the male/female interaction, it's so much more than that.

I think we're just use to seeing a guy and a girl being paired up on this show week after week. I know we see guy/guy pairings during the final week, but that's only one week.

When the bottom 3 was first revealed, I thought Thayne acutally had a chance of staying in the competition. Twitch could have gone home, a la Hok last season. But after Twitch rocked his solo, it was pretty obvious that Thayne was a goner. Especially since the judges pimp Will every chance they get; that seriously gets on my last nerve. I was never that much of a fan of Thayne's, but he landed in an unforutunate position.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Neil and Danny did a piece together in Season Three - it was one of the more popular numbers from the whole season.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Guy-guy dancing would not be too weird unless they drew a ballroom dance. Most of the other dances would be fine with two guys (heck, we see dances in videos with 6, 10, 20 guys all the time). However, the option of sending home two girls would have been against their rules (as stated repeatedly both on the site and during the show) that say each week 1 gull and 1 guy will be sent home. They'd have lost credibility if they'd done that.

Who is John Galt?

I didn't care for Thayne at first, but grew to enjoy his performances. Except for that constant grin (and even that grew on me), he was a wonderful dancer. He did not, however, get good partners and he had no chemistry with either of them. I find him preferable to Will and agree that Will seems to be the judges favorite, but I personally don't see any personality. Whereas, Thayne had a sweet personality and had excellent partnering skills. I was sorry to see him go but not surprised. He was not one of the judges favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3127077;
    I think we're just use to seeing a guy and a girl being paired up on this show week after week. I know we see guy/guy pairings during the final week, but that's only one week.
    That's why I meant it'd be weird for the guy/guy pairng since the routines are choreographed in advance with a girl/guy in mind. I'm not against the guy/guy routine at all. I loved the Tranji routine from Season 2, but that was in the finale also, not in the regular week of competition.

Guy-Guy would work fine in a lot of styles ... broadway, HipHip/Krump, some Contemporary/Jazz, etc. We even had 2 guys (Brothers) working hip-hop together in auditions. Not a crazy idea, but not within the rules of the show to send home 2 girls and no guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123