+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

  1. #11
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

    I'm not a big fan, but I do think he can't do anything right with the judges and they've been very harsh on his and Comfort.
    I admit to having an untrained eye, but I didn't think either of their dances were as bad as the judges said last night.
    They also seem determined to pick at every single thing this couple does wrong, but then give a pass to Kherington for being out of sync and clearly knackered for the last part of the krumping routine.
    Their collective bias seems very evident.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  2. #12
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

    He's actually shown that he has good technique, better in fact than Mark (who I really like), Twitch, or Joshua (also really like). For whatever reason it doesn't seem to be translating to his performances.

  3. #13
    Team DAN schmoo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    O-H-I-O
    Posts
    3,288

    Re: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

    I think they have said he has very good technique, but he isn't bringing the characters to life like the others.
    and I see that. could be the partnering, or just that he isn't as strong in that area.
    the others don't have the strength of his technique, but they sure bring the emotions.

  4. #14
    Luscious Pichus Pookipichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    413

    Re: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

    I actually feel that the judges have been unfairly harsh on him, playing down his strong performances. He has been a solid partner and shown tremendous technique.


    Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

  5. #15
    Luscious Pichus Pookipichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    413

    Re: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3123357;
    I'm not a big fan, but I do think he can't do anything right with the judges and they've been very harsh on his and Comfort.
    I admit to having an untrained eye, but I didn't think either of their dances were as bad as the judges said last night.
    They also seem determined to pick at every single thing this couple does wrong, but then give a pass to Kherington for being out of sync and clearly knackered for the last part of the krumping routine.
    Their collective bias seems very evident.
    I totally agree. They have been so biased this season. I am a dancer and I LOVE the show for what it's done, bringing dance to the masses, BUT, the judges are driving me crazy this season. Thayne and Comfort did one of the best hip hop routines of the season and were savaged. They glossed over the awful krumping routine and also glossed over the awful quick step, which was more jive than quick step, and what little quick step there was, was terrible. As they said last week, at this point in the competition, there are no excuses, unless your name is Will or Twitch.


    Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

  6. #16
    FORT Fogey Duckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu;3123434;
    I totally agree. They have been so biased this season. I am a dancer and I LOVE the show for what it's done, bringing dance to the masses, BUT, the judges are driving me crazy this season. Thayne and Comfort did one of the best hip hop routines of the season and were savaged. They glossed over the awful krumping routine and also glossed over the awful quick step, which was more jive than quick step, and what little quick step there was, was terrible. As they said last week, at this point in the competition, there are no excuses, unless your name is Will or Twitch.

    ITA, this season has been dissappointing and frustrating because of the judges. It was so so blatant with the hip hop and then the krump, but it's been obvious all season, more so than any other season. I really felt like Thayne was doing everything he could in thier contemporary to contect with Comfort and she wasn't giving him anything back at all. Too bad the judges decided against him before last night even began

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey mbcrowder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Age
    47
    Posts
    853

    Re: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

    I have never "got"Thayne. the grin is constantly misplaced during the dance, and except for his 2 contemporary dance and the jazz (or was it broadway) where he did well, the rest of the dances I felt like he was literally thinking, "Step here, move my hand like this, turn my head, step there, lift partner, grin, step back..." He looks like he's thinking, and not DANCING.

  8. #18
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755

    Re: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

    I will miss Thayne!

    Unlike others, I loved his smile and it always seemed like Cat really loved Thayne and was always trying to stick up for him (even if Nigel scolded her for it!)...

    If only they could have gotten rid of 2 women and kept Thayne last night...I'm also a little miffed that they ran out of time and didn't allow Thayne to say goodbye too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  9. #19
    FORT Fan BerryCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    380

    Re: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3125016;
    I will miss Thayne!

    Unlike others, I loved his smile and it always seemed like Cat really loved Thayne and was always trying to stick up for him (even if Nigel scolded her for it!)...

    If only they could have gotten rid of 2 women and kept Thayne last night...I'm also a little miffed that they ran out of time and didn't allow Thayne to say goodbye too!
    I agree with you. Thayne was one of my favorites. His smile was infectious. I would've loved it if they kept Thayne and gotten rid of another girl too. However, it'd be way too weird to see two guys partnering.

  10. #20
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,452

    Re: Thayne Jasperson - SYTYCD 4

    I will miss Thayne (and his smile too!)

    Nigel has had it in for Thayne from the beginning and couldn't resist getting in one more backhanded compliment at the very end.

    I am not a Mia Michaels fan, but I must give her credit for recognizing how beautiful Thayne is.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.