+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chris Jarosz - SYTYCD 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Chris Jarosz - SYTYCD 4

Chris Jarosz
    Genre: Lyrical/Contemporary

Chris Jarosz (21) is a Lyrical/Contemporary dancer from Gaithersburg, MD, currently living in Dallas, TX. Jarosz grew up training at the Dawn Crafton Dance Center in Gaithersburg and then moved to Dallas in his sophomore year to train at Top Hat Dance Center. Jarosz is now a dance major at Southern Methodist University.

Questionnaire (FOX.com):

What is your full name?
    Christopher Daniel Jarosz

Do you have a nickname?
    Sometimes people just call me by my last name but say it differently, Jay Ros

Where do you currently live?
    Dallas Texas

Where were you born?
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

What is your hometown?
    Born and pretty much raised in Poolesville, Maryland but moved to Carrollton, Texas when I was about 15 years old

How old are you?

What is your birth date?
    07/03/1986

Are you in school? If so, which one and how long? Did you graduate?
    I currently attend Southern Methodist University. I have been there for 2 years and will be graduating next year. Dance Major, Business Minor.

Are you married?
    Nope

Do you have any children?
    Nope

How old were you when you started dancing?
    4 years old, started with tap dancing

Do you have any formal dance training?
    Yes, especially where I dance now. I take 5 days of both ballet and modern at Southern Methodist University.

If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
    Lyrical/contemporary with a little jazz style.

What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    Love to swim, play some tennis, sand volleyball. Whenever I am not dancing or doing school work I love to be outside. When I was younger I use to love to play soccer and I use to be a long distance runner.

Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    ??? Too many to choose from.

Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    No

Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    When I was about 9 or 10, I performed with a musical theater company in Rockville, Maryland. I also competed for about 4 years during High school. I perform now about 4 times a year at my school. Also, Last summer I was a part of a contemporary dance company called Soulescape, directed by Justin Giles.

What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    Get the exposure that dancers never really get and make some awesome connections that will lead to exciting professional jobs. Also, as a result of this show I would like to show all the guys out there that think dancing is only for girls and is very feminine that it actually can be masculine and powerful.

Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    In 10 years I would like to be married and hopefully starting a family. I will only be about 31 so I hope to still be in shape and be able to dance professionally. If not dancing, I would love to choreograph and teach.

What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    Making it on this show. This is something that no matter what I will never forget.

What have you learned so far in going through the audition process for this show?
    How reality shows actually work. I have learned how to be a little more focused and patient. Going through this you are forced to deal with a lot of pressure and seeing if you can make it without freaking out or getting to emotional. Vegas has really prepared me to realize what is in store for me in the next couple months. Also, I have learned to be more confident and hopeful.

What are your favorite dance moments from movies, TV and/or stage?
    Loved the movie Hairspray and the choreography/dancing in that. This past winter I was able to see Cedar Lake, which is a contemporary ballet company. They performed at my school and I was blown away by their performance. Probably the most inspired I have ever been after watching a performance.

Which choreographers would you like to work with?
    If we had to choose one choreographer I would go with Adam because we have not worked with him yet and the choreography that he set on the dancers last year was one of my favorites. He is not listed as one of the choreographers but he was a judge for the Dallas auditions and after seeing Hairspray I wanted to be in that movie.

All the choreographers in Las Vegas were AMAZING so I hope to continue to be able to work with them all. Have not worked with Mandy Moore yet and everyone says awesome things about her and I loved her stuff last season.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-07-2008 at 08:55 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Chris Jarosz - SYTYCD 4

I have a feeling this guy's not going to last. The judges criticized him for having very little personality. Unless he has an outstanding partner, it'll be hard for him to get votes.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Oh, is he the one who said the no-personality problem was one he would get right out of, after which he kept on screaming? It was kind of painful to watch, like it was the only way he knew how to "have personality".

I'm trying to find something positive to say, so... I love his hoodie!
    2003-2008.

FORT Newbie

[FA edit] Unfortunately I didn't catch Chris on SYTYCD because I blinked the first time and my DVR messed up the 2nd time. But I've seen him dance live, and he has LOTS of personality. I trust he'll show it this week.
    Last edited by Lucy4588; 06-10-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Team Katarzyna and Anya oxymoron's Avatar

Is it just me, or does he look like David Hernandez from American Idol?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron;3049291;
    Is it just me, or does he look like David Hernandez from American Idol?
    I don't see the resemblence at all.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I was wondering where to post this and settled for Chris' thread since it needs bumping

I think Chris & Comfort were severely disadvantaged in terms of how their performance was edited before airing. I was so dizzy with the continuously changing camera shots and ups and downs and zooming in and out. I think I would've enjoyed their Krump piece a lot more if we'd just been shown a straight shot from a camera plopped in front of them.
    2003-2008.

FORT Newbie

I actually surprised they kept Chris because they kept talking about his lack of personality and the fact that out of all the guys and that was including Marquis he's not very memorable and isn't actually bringing anything to this competition. I can see why Comfort stayed and I actually would've been intrigued to see Comfort paired with Marquis, but I see Chris going home this week or next week.

+ Reply to Thread