+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matt Dorame - SYTYCD 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Matt Dorame - SYTYCD 4

Matt Dorame
    Genre: Contemporary

Matt Dorame (22) is a Contemporary dancer from Glendale, AZ. He studied for two years at Odyssey Dance Theatre in Salt Lake City.

Questionnaire (FOX.com):

What is your full name?
    Matthew Patrick Dorame

Do you have a nickname?
    Chewy, Chew, or Mattie

Where do you currently live?
    Well, I pay rent for my apartment in Salt Lake City, Utah, but I come home for the summers to Glendale, Arizona to stay with my family.

Where were you born?
    Phoenix, Arizona.

What is your hometown?
    Glendale, Arizona.

How old are you?
    22 (double-digits).

What is your birth date?
    04/11/1986

Are you in school? If so, which one and how long? Did you graduate?
    No. I am currently not enrolled, but I went to the University of Arizona for a while and then transferred to Glendale Community College. I normally take my classes during summer session that way I will not be too far from getting my degree.

Are you married?
    I wish lolÖÖÖ.no seriously I am the only one in Utah who isnít.

Do you have any children?
    NoÖ. But I really do want kids. Preferably three boys. Twins would be cool as well.

How old were you when you started dancing?
    I think I was seven.

Do you have any formal dance training?
    Yes. I trained at a very competitive studio, The Dance Connection for seven years. I attended Arizona School for the Arts studying ballet for four years, and many summer ballet intensives: American Ballet Theater, Boston Ballet, and The Rock School.

If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
    Con-temple. Contemporary and Lyrical

What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    I can bark like a dog, but who cant. LOL, scrap-booking, I clean a mean house, I love to read and I lovvvvveeeee movies.

Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    I have so many. Jen Osorio, David Hallburg and Bobbie Newberry.

Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    Dear Gosh No. My mom played basketball and cheered, and my dad played baseball. I donít now where dance came from in my family tree.

Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    Yes. I was a featured dancer in an MTV movie due out in September, "American Mall"

What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    I hope that it expands my dance vocabulary and opens up new fun opportunities that I had never considered.

Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    I would like start to settle down with a family and hopefully have kids by then. I donít want to stop dancing all together, I would just like to start in rooting traditions and beliefs into a family I helped put together.

What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    Dancing for Odyssey. I have learned and grown so much in these past two years. The family I have established there is more then I could have hoped for. I love them pushing me as a dancer, and I love growing with them as a person.

What have you learned so far in going through the audition process for this show?
    Patience is a virtue. The show is a hurry-up-and-wait process. However, the waiting is for sure a pay off for the benefits you get to experience.

What are your favorite dance moments from movies, TV and/or stage?
    Its so inspiring to see dance on stage. It is an art form that should be recognized and appreciated. I get excited to see dance anywhere, itís a privilege. Even if its bad, in some way shape or form its inspiring.

Which choreographers would you like to work with?
    I think it would be fun to work with all of them. They all have something different in their heads and I would love to be the mold they create on.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-07-2008 at 09:39 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

To the Point

Re: Matt Dorame - SYTYCD 4

I really don't remember much about this guy.

I like his interview...

Are you married?
    I wish lol……….no seriously I am the only one in Utah who isn’t.

Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    Dear Gosh No.
    ... but didn't care too much for how he performed last night with Kourtni. It was amazing choreography but he didn't pull it off at all.
    2003-2008.

FORT Fogey

Matt's solos were great, and I really wish we could have seen more of the dancer we saw in the audition rounds. Just bad luck, I guess. I really don't think he and Kourtni deserved bottom three for the Sonya Tayeh routine. Things might have developed differently for them if that hadn't happened that week. Ah well, Matt could do dance and so much more, so I hope he gets huge opportunities out of this experience.

+ Reply to Thread