+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Joshua Allen - SYTYCD 4

Re: Joshua Allen - SYTYCD 4

Same here, Elsa.
    Josh and Katee's samba is my favourite dance of the season so far.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm FIERCE!

I love Joshua!

Joshua is a total sweetie and a great dancer to boot. LOVED his Rumba with Courtney last night. I hope he makes the top 4.
    2003-2008.

FORT Fogey

but his solo was a bit weak. i think he is a lock in for top 4.
    amazing he is only 19. looks so much older
    Last edited by jacobson00; 07-17-2008 at 11:22 AM.

I just love this guy, he genuinely seems sweet but can be soo masculine when the dance calls for it.

I'll forgive his solo last night, it was his first on the show, so one free pass Joshua! Step it up next time!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I realize the judges are always praising people like Twitch or Courtney or Chelsie for getting into character.. but they've never really mentioned it when critiquing Joshua, have they? He was completely believable in his Rumba with Courtney as the "hero" character, as a skirt-chaser in his Samba with Katee, in his "mad scientist" role in the hip-hop this week, etc. etc.
    2003-2008.

FORT Fan

Now that they've broken up the original pairs, I can see that Katee was not carrying him. I love to see people who don't have a typical dancer's body dancing well. I was discouraged from taking dance classes because I have short legs, and I always hope that won't happen to other people.

:nono

Joshua did horribly this week on the disco. HORRIBLY. The judges were so off on their critique, it's not even funny. There were so many times he was about to drop Chelsie, I feared for the girl. He was struggling with those lifts, especially the one that was a first for the show. At one point Chelsie curled her right leg instinctively to break her fall. Just rewatching the performance on tape was disconcerting.

The lifts aside, I found Joshua's dancing in the middle parts extremely weak and amateurish. Up until this point he's never betrayed any weaknesses - his body fit the Rumba, Samba, Broadway type dances so well - but THIS is his weakness.

I really don't see how the judges could have praised 1) his strength - he was practically covered head to toe in sweat at the end; we've seen other dancers finish demanding Disco routines with just a glisten (Neil, Musa) and 2) how he got into the "spirit" of disco - he looked terrified that would drop Chelsie half of the routine.

Seems to me, more and more clearly each week, that the judges have already determined who they want to praise, and who not. Mark & Comfort's foxtrot routine, I would say, was much better than this trainwreck of a Disco, and yet the Disco was the one praised to the high heavens.
    2003-2008.

I think that the disco coreographer geve Joshua WAY too many BIG lifts... She had waited for four years for someone strong enough and then she overloaded him.

Josh is definitely my favorite dancer this season. I love Katee and Will too, but Josh has a magic about him. Disco aside, his movements are sooooo graceful and light with that bulky body...he is amazing.

I am voting all the way for Josh to win.
    Ain't Love Grand!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I agree, Marlap. It seemed that there were so many lifts that the rest of the routine couldn't flow. A little balance in the choreography would have been much better.

Josh is my absolute favorite, too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast