+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Katee Shean - SYTYCD 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Katee Shean - SYTYCD 4

Katee Shean
    Genre: Contemporary

Katee Shean (20) is a Contemporary dancer from San Jose, CA. Shean is a graduate of Pioneer High School and currently attends Chapman University in Orange, CA. She is pursuing a double major in leadership and dance and is active in many volunteer organizations. Shean trained at the Team Dance Company and Atlas School of Dance.

Questionnaire (FOX.com):

What is your full name?
    Katee Taira Shean

Do you have a nickname?
    Yes - Heffer

Where do you currently live?
    Orange , CA

Where were you born?
    San Jose, CA

What is your hometown?
    San Jose, CA

How old are you?
    Nineteen at audition –just turned 20 =)

What is your birth date?
    05/14/1988

Are you in school? If so, which one and how long? Did you graduate?
    I attend Chapman University as a dance and leadership and organizational studies double major—I just finished my sophomore year.

Are you married?
    No

Do you have any children?
    No

How old were you when you started dancing?

Do you have any formal dance training?
    Yes

If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
    Contemporary

What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    Volunteering, eating and making dinosaur impressions.

Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    Too many to list! Anyone who inspires me.

Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    No

Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    Yes. Public functions.

What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    I would love to learn from all the amazing choreographers, grow as a dancer, and hopefully make it to the top 10 while sharing my passion for dance with everyone.

Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    I would love to be pursuing my first love of dance by being able to dance and teach professionally, and I would also like to be following my second passion of community service by being involved and helping non-profit organizations.

What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    Performing in Costa Rica.

What have you learned so far in going through the audition process for this show?
    I have learned that more than anything your passion, heart, and drive has to come through in your dancing and in your actions, because without it dance is just movement.

What are your favorite dance moments from movies, TV and/or stage?
    Watching the Jabowokees, Jiri Kylian and the Black and White Ballets, Mia Michaels bench piece on the show, center stage, Paul Taylor’s Esplanade, Stomp and more.

Which choreographers would you like to work with?
    As many as I can! Mia Michaels, Tabitha and Napolean, Wade Robson, Mary Murphy, Mandy Moore, Tyce Diorio, Jean-Marc Généreux, Adam Shankman!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-07-2008 at 10:38 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Premium Member

Re: Katee Shean - SYTYCD 4

this girl better dance well, or else she will be gone fast. Her thing at the final judging did not sit too well with the judges she's lucky to have made it IMHO.

FORT Fan

I don't think she's lucky, because technically she was the better dancer and if anything they should have let her in anyways so that she can dance this year. But she's from San Jose and asian so she better represent!

I liked seeing her doing that 3-step exercise routine with her friend Natalie. It looked like a lot of fun!

Based on the "negativity" surrounding her in the last episode, I see America voting her out within the first few weeks. (Though personally I totally get her answer and don't fault her for it at all.)
    2003-2008.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3043070;
    Based on the "negativity" surrounding her in the last episode, I see America voting her out within the first few weeks. (Though personally I totally get her answer and don't fault her for it at all.)
    I actually liked her roommate's dancing better, but I hope she does well.

My guess is that she picked SYTYCD over another project. She may have a career that far extends the show.

FORT Newbie

i hope that people give her a chance because she has potential to be a really good dancer. i am looking for her to show a bit more confidence. also, i kind of think the judges were unfair to her for saying that she won't try out again. it's her life. she could find other dance outlets outside of sytycd.

FORT Fan

i think she rocked tonight and proved that she'll go far.

When the numbers were all shown together at the closing montage, I thought Katee and Joshua's dance was one of the best (along with Chelsie and Mark). I hope they stay another week!
    2003-2008.

As I said in the discussion thread, I'm so happy that she and Josh did well with their hip-hop routine. I thought that her statement was really misunderstood, and she unfortunately lost some fans with it. But hopefully she gained some more fans with that amazing routine.

They were the best of the night! Actually, I will go as far as saying it was one of my most favorite routines EVER.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I loved her routine with Joshua. They are well matched and did a great jobl.
    I , myself, was turned off by the judges handling of that whole fiasco about coming back. I would pull for her just because of that - but she did an amazing job and I loved it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast