+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Katee Shean - SYTYCD 4

Team Katarzyna and Anya oxymoron's Avatar

Re: Katee Shean - SYTYCD 4

I'm going to revive Katee's thread by saying that she definitely deserves to win out of everybody left in the competition. Many people were initially skeptical about Katee after the comments she made, but I think she definitely proved to be an amazing dancer over the course of the competition. And hopefully, anyone who didn't like Katee is a fan now because she's above and beyond the level of anyone else left in the show right now.

I wonder, if Katee does win this season, will her roommate Natalie try out again next year? I know that Lacey tried out (and made the top 20) after Benji's win in season 2, but that didn't really work out to her benefit. Some people loved her (me included), but some people didn't like the connection between her and her brother and definitely didn't want to see the Schwimmers win back-to-back. I know there were other reasons why people didn't like Lacey, but IIRC, that was one of the reasons.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

You know, I didn't have a problem with Lacey, even though she wasn't my favorite. She was a very good dancer and a fun personality. I really can't stomach Benji though. What an annoying person. If I never saw him again, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Do you have a nickname?

Yes - Heffer
    I wanna know the story behind this... I don't see how it can be derived in any way, shape or form from "Katee"!
    2003-2008.

Faculty member of South County Classical Ballet

Katee Shean is one of our younger professional dance instructors and comes to us from San Jose, California. Previously a dancer with "The Teen Dance Company," Katee Shean received much of her training from Mark Foehringer, Mia Michaels, and Mandy Moore.

Katee currently attends Chapman University as a dance major and loves her time with South County. A client of DDO Artists Agency and Liquid Talent Agency, Katee Shean was featured again in the hit show "Paris by Night," filmed in LA. Katee is so excited to bring her professional experiences and training to SCCB.
    Huh. They didn't let Debbie Allen judge because they didn't want any speculation that she would be biased in favor of Will (though the other judges were, anyway). But Katee was trained by 2 of this season's choreographers and no word of it? All I can say is I am glad she's proven to be deserving of the praise she's getting. Still, the fact that this wasn't made explicit as in Will's case... hmmm
    2003-2008.

It's probably because Will is Debbie's protégé. He doesn't go to anyone else for his dance training, so of course there's going to be a bit of bias there if Debbie were to judge. I'm sure Mia is biased with Katee as well, but since Katee has had at least 3 teachers train her in dance, Katee isn't Mia's protégé, so Debbie would be more biased with Will than Mia would be with Katee.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I hope that when the final four arrive that Katee wins and that Chelsi is runner-up.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3148319;
    I wonder, if Katee does win this season, will her roommate Natalie try out again next year? I know that Lacey tried out (and made the top 20) after Benji's win in season 2, but that didn't really work out to her benefit. Some people loved her (me included), but some people didn't like the connection between her and her brother and definitely didn't want to see the Schwimmers win back-to-back. I know there were other reasons why people didn't like Lacey, but IIRC, that was one of the reasons.
    I think the fact that Lacey didn't audition before (correct me if I'm wrong here), so was unknown to the viewers, and then showed up a year after her brother won bugged people a little. I should say I liked her though. Natalie, on the other hand, left a very good impression on the judges and the viewers. So I think next year, if she tries again (and I hope she does), it may work for her advantage, as she will have a fan base early on.

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;3149668;
    I think the fact that Lacey didn't audition before (correct me if I'm wrong here), so was unknown to the viewers, and then showed up a year after her brother won bugged people a little. I should say I liked her though. Natalie, on the other hand, left a very good impression on the judges and the viewers. So I think next year, if she tries again (and I hope she does), it may work for her advantage, as she will have a fan base early on.
    I like Natalie too (I actually preferred her to Katee early on), so I hope she tries out again. But the same thing can be said about Twitch. He tried out last year and had a fanbase early on in this season. But I don't think he's going to win, so I don't know if Natalie would win next year if she tried out.

Oh, and I strangely remember Lacey's audition, even though it was a year ago. She said that she was supposed to try out with Benji for S2, but she was 4 days younger than the age limit. So she had Benji promise to take her to the auditions next year.

FORT Fogey

It was nice to see Katee and Joshua back together again tonight. While they both dance perfectly fine without each other, there is something magical when they dance together.

There is something about his strength and her grace plus their musicality and love of perfection that makes the dances that much better.

They are an amazing team. I never would have thought this before the season started. They are just beautiful dancers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast