+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Katee Shean - SYTYCD 4

Claire/Stacy Ann: Final 2 antmluvr's Avatar

Re: Katee Shean - SYTYCD 4

The thing Nigel and the judges put up with her in Vegas was absolutely horrible.
    She never said she would quit or stop dancing. All she said was she wouldn't try out again and I don't blame her. She had already tried out twice, why try out a third time when you already get the picture? I felt so bad for her while she was crying, it was like Nigel and the judges were trying to produce drama. It was awful.

Right now, she is one of my favorites. Her hip-hop routine was amazing

Quote Originally Posted by antmluvr;3058017;
    it was like Nigel and the judges were trying to produce drama. It was awful.
    Like? That's like saying the sun is like the sun. That's EXACTLY what Nigel was doing. I think he overdramatizes constantly, and he bugs the heck out of me. Then the anti-Nigel, Mary Cacklefest grates on my last nerve. The only intelligent judging ANY week (auditions, Vegas, the top 20, the rest of the show...) comes from the 3rd (or occasionally when they have Zaphod Beeblebrox the two-headed judge - 3rd and 4th) judge. But sometimes by the time we get to the 3rd judge, the drool-fest from Nigel and Mary on a particularly average dancer is hard for that 3rd guy to boldly disagree with.

Nigel and Mary take a lot away from what this show could be.

And I agree with you ... it was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3059569;
    Like? That's like saying the sun is like the sun. That's EXACTLY what Nigel was doing. I think he overdramatizes constantly, and he bugs the heck out of me. Then the anti-Nigel, Mary Cacklefest grates on my last nerve. The only intelligent judging ANY week (auditions, Vegas, the top 20, the rest of the show...) comes from the 3rd (or occasionally when they have Zaphod Beeblebrox the two-headed judge - 3rd and 4th) judge. But sometimes by the time we get to the 3rd judge, the drool-fest from Nigel and Mary on a particularly average dancer is hard for that 3rd guy to boldly disagree with.

Nigel and Mary take a lot away from what this show could be.

And I agree with you ... it was awful.
    I completely agree with you!!! Why don't they get better judges? Mary's voice and annoying laugh makes me want to stick needles in my eyes!!!

As the judges said, Katee has a "spirit that is so major". (Gosh, the terms they come up with on this show. Banoodles?!)

One thing I noticed was how she said there were a lot of analogies in their routine. Like "raising the roof" (pushing upwards), playing the trombone, etc. She mentioned "mixing bowls". I looked out specifically for that, but didn't see it. Maybe I missed it. It bugged me though, I wanted to see them mixing!

That said, WOWWW! She was amazing with Joshua!
    2003-2008.

Katee and Joshua were a perfect pairing. They are gonna go a long way. Can't wait to see what the choreographers come up with for them. I just love this pair.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fogey

I adore this girl and Josh!

Katee is one of my favorite dancers and has proven she belongs in the Top 20. She kinda looks like a younger Kristi Yamaguchi, especially her smile.

BTW, what does ITA mean? I'm pretty new here...

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy;3071384;
    Katee is one of my favorite dancers and has proven she belongs in the Top 20. She kinda looks like a younger Kristi Yamaguchi, especially her smile.

BTW, what does ITA mean? I'm pretty new here...
    Means "I totally agree". and Welcome to FORT! You're gonna love this place.

Thanks, Jezebella. Yes, I'm sure I'll like it here.

I thought she did the Samba excellently...

... but wasn't as good "happy dancing" when she was being praised by the judges!
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast