+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Katee Shean - SYTYCD 4

Re: Katee Shean - SYTYCD 4

I didn't think it was all that good. In the beginning she was definitely floundering on her own. Her arms looked sloppy and just the whole routine seemed off. She got better when Joshua joined her. I've never liked the hip hop routines before (could be because I didn't like the choreographers) but so far I'm loving with Tabitha and Napoleon and putting together.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3052595;
    I loved her routine with Joshua. They are well matched and did a great jobl.
    I , myself, was turned off by the judges handling of that whole fiasco about coming back. I would pull for her just because of that - but she did an amazing job and I loved it.

I agree. I didn't think she should have lost anything by what she said. I realize that they want to see the passion and the drive, however, they also want drama. That's as much why they made a big deal as anything. At some point every one of us encounters responsibilities that we have to face and perhaps she is coming to that point in her life. There are many other ways to use dance and make a living in the dance world. Whiile SYTYCD is an absolutely wonderful tool for the dance world, not just these dancers, it's not the be all and end all.

Also, I have to disagree about her floundering. I just watched their routine 3 times on youtube just to see what I missed at the beginning. I didn't see or feel any floundering from her.

They were just amazing.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 06-12-2008 at 09:14 AM.

I loved the routine...but I did think she was a little too soft. Granted this was not a hard hitting hip hop routine but she lacked a bit of crispness, which I think is essential to really sell it.

Still she surprised, very well done!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I was surprised by how well she danced the hip hop routine.
    I think they made far too much out of her comment about not coming back if she didn't make the top 20 this year.
    She didn't say she was going to give up dancing, she just wasn't going to try out for the show again.
    This show isn't the only route to dancing success and Nigel made it sound as though it is, which I found ridiculous and rather arrogant.
    "That's Numberwang!"

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3052752;
    I think they made far too much out of her comment about not coming back if she didn't make the top 20 this year.
    She didn't say she was going to give up dancing, she just wasn't going to try out for the show again.
    This show isn't the only route to dancing success and Nigel made it sound as though it is, which I found ridiculous and rather arrogant.
    Ding, ding!

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar

say what you want, but she completely committed to the dance, and put everything she had into it. popping and moving your arms in waves isn't easy, especially bearing in mind this was the first show. i thought it was powerful and a great effort on her part.

I thought she was very good. Top 3. He was very very good. Possibly top 1 of the guys.

And routine - at least it was actually hiphop, and not bubblegum cutiepie face-posing "hiphop" like the first supposed hh dance of the night.

Katee and Joshua was the best last night in a group of very talented dancers.

She really was hitting it and selling it as much as Joshua who was in his element.

I think it not right for Nigel to hold her answer against her. He asked the question. I suppose he'd rather she not be honest. Not only was the question asked directly of her, but the stress of the situation had to add to it. I think she should be judged on her dancing nevertheless -- which was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3052752;
    You are spot on, fluff. It was like he was implying that auditioning for the show is what she has to do, not what she wants to do. And she just went through a grueling week of learning different dances, so the stress must have gotten to her.

Oh, and I just saw that she's from San Jose! She's representing San Jose well, I must say.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3052624;
    I agree. I didn't think she should have lost anything by what she said. I realize that they want to see the passion and the drive, however, they also want drama. That's as much why they made a big deal as anything. At some point every one of us encounters responsibilities that we have to face and perhaps she is coming to that point in her life. There are many other ways to use dance and make a living in the dance world. Whiile SYTYCD is an absolutely wonderful tool for the dance world, not just these dancers, it's not the be all and end all.

Also, I have to disagree about her floundering. I just watched their routine 3 times on youtube just to see what I missed at the beginning. I didn't see or feel any floundering from her.

They were just amazing.
    Spot on! ITA. Especially since this was not her specialty...she did great. This was by far my favorite routine of the first week.

The only thing I did not agree with from week 1 was the results...actually, I thought that Jessica and Will should have gone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast