+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kherington Payne - SYTYCD 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Kherington Payne - SYTYCD 4

Kherington Payne
    Genre: Contemporary/Jazz

Kherington Payne (18) is a Contemporary/Jazz dancer from Placentia, CA. Payne will graduate from El Dorado High School this summer. She is an avid soccer fan who has played for many years.

Questionnaire (FOX.com):

What is your full name?
    Kherington Taylor Payne

Do you have a nickname?
    "KK"

Where do you currently live?
    Placentia, CA

Where were you born?
    Whittier, CA

What is your hometown?
    Placentia, CA

How old are you?

What is your birth date?
    01/26/1990

Are you in school? If so, which one and how long? Did you graduate?
    I will graduate on June 10 from High School in Placentia, CA.

Are you married?
    NO

Do you have any children?
    NO

How old were you when you started dancing?
    2 1/2 years old.

Do you have any formal dance training?
    Since I was 2 ½ , I have always taken formal dance lessons (Jazz, lyrical, ballet, point, gymnastics, contemporary).

If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
    Contemporary Jazz

What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    Soccer!!!

Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    I respect and enjoy a variety of professional and amateur dancers.

Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    NO

Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    Many dance competitions.

What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    I would like to grow as a dancer and as a person.

Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    Dancing professionally.

What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    This, by far!

What have you learned so far in going through the audition process for this show?
    That constructive criticism is a good thing, but don’t take it too personally… almost have to keep "mind over matter."

What are your favorite dance moments from movies, TV and/or stage?
    Michaels, "Calling You."

Which choreographers would you like to work with?
    Mia Michaels! Brian Freedman! Wade Robinson! And many more!!!!!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-07-2008 at 07:49 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Kherington Payne - SYTYCD 4

I like Kherington! I love how she mentioned that she can get pretty aggressive on the soccer field and has been yellow-carded a number of times. She's spunky!
    2003-2008.

I like her, so I'm very happy she made the top 20!

And if people are having a hard time remembering who she is, she's the one whom Dom (from last season) couldn't take his eyes off of while doing her audition.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Love her spunk - hope she does well.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3045243;
    I like her, so I'm very happy she made the top 20!

And if people are having a hard time remembering who she is, she's the one whom Dom (from last season) couldn't take his eyes off of while doing her audition.
    In regards to Dom.....he was a huuuuuuuuge flirt last season, IMO, so it's no surprise he was staring at her the whole time. Although, personally, I find him creepy because that.

I hated her the instant I saw her. She'll be popular, and make it far based on votes, but she's basically getting the David Archuleta treatment from American Idol.

Again ... not getting your point here. What do you mean when you say she's getting the Archuleta treatment? David was judge-drooled from the get-go. I didn't see any more positive (or negative...) commentary from the judges on her than anyone else. She was just one of the crowd as far as I could tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3046479;
    Again ... not getting your point here. What do you mean when you say she's getting the Archuleta treatment? David was judge-drooled from the get-go. I didn't see any more positive (or negative...) commentary from the judges on her than anyone else. She was just one of the crowd as far as I could tell.
    I guess not so much judge-drooled, but producers-drooled (which kind of is judge drool... since Nigel is a producer). She's definitely being set up to be a favourite, by mere fact of screen-time. If she had any clue what the performance industry is like, I'd like to see that. Right now, just from her interviews, she seems rather amateurish. All her answers are things you would hear from an inexperienced performer (any of the performing arts). Compare her to William, and you see the difference. Kherington will be primmed to be a commercial queen, like how David is made to be the male-miley.

I would love to be proven wrong by her, but as it stands, she seems like one of those naive "I want to be a star" girls I would love to push over a cliff when I walk into auditions.

Woo go soccer players!
    Own the Katwalk!

All-time Favorites: Eva, Cycle 3
    CariDee, Cycle 7
    Katarzyna, Cycle 10

Quote Originally Posted by Totohomo;3046601;
    I guess not so much judge-drooled, but producers-drooled (which kind of is judge drool... since Nigel is a producer). She's definitely being set up to be a favourite, by mere fact of screen-time. If she had any clue what the performance industry is like, I'd like to see that. Right now, just from her interviews, she seems rather amateurish. All her answers are things you would hear from an inexperienced performer (any of the performing arts). Compare her to William, and you see the difference. Kherington will be primmed to be a commercial queen, like how David is made to be the male-miley.

I would love to be proven wrong by her, but as it stands, she seems like one of those naive "I want to be a star" girls I would love to push over a cliff when I walk into auditions.
    Odd. I didn't get that vibe at all from her. She said (and we only have the word of the contestants on this sort of thing anyway...) she'd been dancing all her life.

Regarding screen time ... I guess this is a matter of perception. I think she got the RIGHT amount of screen time and am more upset that there are so many in this top 20 that we barely saw at all. We1 go into this week's show knowing NOTHING about the personalities of about 14 of the 20. I guess I see that not as overplaying KP (or the other 5 we saw) as much as screwing the viewer by UNDERplaying the other 14.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast