+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jessica King - SYTYCD 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Jessica King - SYTYCD 4

Jessica King
    Genre: Contemporary

Jessica King (23) is a Contemporary dancer from Myrtle Beach, SC, where she was born and raised. She is currently attending Coastal Carolina University studying Fine Arts with a minor in Art History. King also teaches dance and performs in local theater.

Questionnaire:

What is your full name?
    Jessica Careen King

Do you have a nickname?
    Jess, Jake, Princess of niceness (ha ha kidding), Busty

Where do you currently live?
    Myrtle Beach, SC

Where were you born?
    Myrtle Beach, SC

What is your hometown?
    Myrtle Beach, SC

How old are you?

What is your birth date?
    05/29/1985

Are you in school? If so, which one and how long? Did you graduate?
    Yes. Coastal Carolina University, Visual Arts Major. four years down, one semester to go.

Are you married?
    No

Do you have any children?
    Hello no!

How old were you when you started dancing?
    Age 3

Do you have any formal dance training?
    20 years tap, jazz, ballet, hip hop, contemporary

If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
    contemporary

What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    Art: painting, drawing, photography, Working-out: kick-boxing, running.

Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    Utmost respect to Wade and Mia for their artistic GENIUS! Seriously!

Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    NO! Definitely not!

Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    Chicago and Seusical the Musical this past summer at local theatres. TONS of local dance performances/recitals.

What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    Grow as a dancer and an artist.

Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    Raising a family, maybe traveling, career? I just want to be happy and have love.

What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    This!

What have you learned so far in going through the audition process for this show?
    It's ALL in your head! You have to believe whole-heartedly in yourself and remember why you're here! Plus more, but I don't want to give away all my secrets.

What are your favorite dance moments from movies, TV and/or stage?
    Dirty Dancing- lift at end, tickle the arm, "this is my dance space..."
    Aliyah- Are You That Somebody video.
    Usher- My Way video.
    Janet Jackson- Velvet rope tour.
    Wade Robson- Waiting on the world to change.
    Grease.
    Fame- when she does that big leap.

Which choreographers would you like to work with?
    Wade Robson, Mia Michaels, Kabba Modern, Geo Hubela, Twila Tharp, Marty Kudelka

FOX Broadcasting Company
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-07-2008 at 05:20 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Newbie

Re: Jessica King - SYTYCD 4

Her "happy dance" was fantastic. She looked like a trained ballerina, unlike the details of her bio.

I predict she'll go very far. She's got terrific talent and innate dancing skill.

Why didn't we see any of her during auditions??? Where'd she come from???

Anyway, I'm glad she's there.

I don't know. I'm sure she's talented, but doesn't seem to be winning the audience over. There was virtual silence when she did her solo-intro last night. I thought she looked like a dude in a dress with last week's tango. Poor William- he deserves a better partner. I think there's a fakeness with her. You have to be hearfelt.

I am not a big fan of hers, but last night I really felt sorry for her. No matter what she does, or no matter how hard she tries, it's still not enough for Nigel... Nigel is so fixated on Will, he can't see straight...

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;3100676;
    I am not a big fan of hers, but last night I really felt sorry for her. No matter what she does, or no matter how hard she tries, it's still not enough for Nigel... Nigel is so fixated on Will, he can't see straight...
    Exactly how I feel. I posted in the discussion thread that I'm actually starting to like her because I feel so sorry for her. I know it's kind of bad to start liking someone just because you feel bad for them, but I have to say that I am.

I'm sure Jessica works hard in all of her dances, but she is still in the shadow of Will. The judges love Will and thinks he does great every single time. And that leaves little ol' Jessica, getting some harsh critcism from the judges while her partner gets many compliments.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

They're just grooming the voters so that when they get to the top 10 and we have to vote individually, we'll think Will is the Bomb and that Jessica bombed out.

As far as I'm concerned, Jessica NEEDS TO GO. I think the judges are kind of harsh, but everything they're saying is right on. She should've gone home way before tall blonde kourtni.
    I'M BAAAAAAAAACK.

Will saved her last week. She's way worse than Courtney, right there with Comfort in my book. The judges are overly harsh to her, but she is one of the two worst girls left right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3112701;
    Will saved her last week. She's way worse than Courtney, right there with Comfort in my book. The judges are overly harsh to her, but she is one of the two worst girls left right now.
    Will saves her every week. She's just so bland; nothing stands out about her personality or her dancing. Notice how there are only like 8 posts in her thread.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

I agree that she is one of the worst dancer left. But I don't think that she's pulling Will down or Will is saving her. Will is not that great, and once Jessica is gone, which I suspect will happen this week, and Will is paired with other -better- dancers, we'll see... None of their dances impressed me so far. The first week, Nigel called them "the couple to beat", and even that dance was nothing special.

I think there is something fishy about the way Jessica is treated. Last week Nigel was talking about some kind of melt down during the past week. I think there might be another reason for Nigel disliking her that strongly...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast