+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Susie Garcia - SYTYCD 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Susie Garcia - SYTYCD 4

Susie Garcia
    Genre: Latin/Salsa

Susie Garcia (25) is a Latin/Salsa dancer born in Miami, FL. Garcia graduated with a B.F.A. from New World School of the Arts. She is a high school teacher who previously was a dancer with the Miami Heat for six years. Garcia has performed at the Billboard Latin Music Awards and Latin Grammy Awards, and danced on Shakira’s “Oral Fixation World Tour.”

Questionnaire (FOX.com):

What is your full name?
    Susana Garcia

Do you have a nickname?
    Everyone calls me Susie...aka Susy Q.

Where do you currently live?
    I currently live in Miami, Florida

Where were you born?
    I was born in Hialeah, Florida.

What is your hometown?
    The M.I.A.

How old are you?

What is your birth date?
    04/05/1983 (ARIES) =)

Are you married?
    No

Do you have any children?
    No

How old were you when you started dancing?
    I started at the age of 6. Flamenco is what I started training in.

Do you have any formal dance training?
    Yes. I have studied Flamenco, Hip-Hop, Ballet and Latin. I have also trained in Modern and Afro-Caribbean when I attended New World School of the Arts.

If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be?
    I would categorize my dance style as Latin/Salsa.

What other talents/hobbies do you have?
    I can play the castanets, which are the instruments used in Flamenco. As a hobby I love making scrapbooks and jewelry, I make funky earrings, necklaces and bracelets with a lot of color and style.

Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    would have to say that my favorite is Joaquin Cortes. He is an amazing and energetic Flamenco dancer.

Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    No... but my mom always says that I am living her dream of being a dancer... she never had the chance to do it.

Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    ? Yes, I performed for different functions while I was in school and I also have been part of the MTV music awards, Latin Billboards, Latin Grammy Awards and other Latin television shows.

What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    I believe that we as artists never stop learning and growing... I look forward to growing as a dancer and as a person as a result of this show. I want to inspire other people... that is my dream.

Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    I would love to see myself choreographing and having my own dance company where the dancers can perform my pieces all over the world.

What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    Every time I perform it is a memorable moment for me... being top 20 has by far been and will always be my MOST memorable moment!

What have you learned so far in going through the audition process for this show?
    I have learned that its not always how high your leg can go but how you work and work with what you have. Personality is a huge part... on and off the stage, staying humble and enjoying every moment as much as possible.

What are your favorite dance moments from movies, TV and/or stage?
    One of my favorites was on this show, “Dancing” from Mia Michaels, I cried so many times watching it over and over again. I also love watching Thriller, it was done so long ago but I never get tired of it!

Which choreographers would you like to work with?
    I would love to work with Wade Robson and Mia Michaels they absolutely take my breath away!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-07-2008 at 12:21 PM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Susie Garcia - SYTYCD 4

Pretty girl but even before I read her bio I thought she reminded me of someone who would be a Laker girl type!

My son said he would love to have a hot looking teacher like her!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Ick. There's a girl whose audition should have never took her off the ground. And a high school teacher? What does she teach, sex education? Honestly, what do the parents think when they meet her on open house night?
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

FORT Fan

I'm sorry but she looks like a tranny

Quote Originally Posted by daCVingwolf;3042865;
    I'm sorry but she looks like a tranny
    Who are you apologizing too? We all agree.
    I miss AJ!!

I was just thinking, Nigel's quote at the top of the page perfectly describes her even though it referred to someone completely different.
    "Not only are you a disgrace to dancing, you are a disgrace to transvestites. "
    I miss AJ!!

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

I know i'm going to be on the unpopular side of opinion, but who really gives a what ! I actually don't mind her at all. Besides her hair which kinda of not cute, I think that she may have more to offer then we believe. So may people on here have begun to hate on just based on the way she looks. Can we at least see if she falls flat on the show first. Ok she may look like a stripper, but hut what if she actually excels ? I'm going to at least give a chance.
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

I just want to say that her first audition sucked big time, and the fact that she even made it to Vegas was ridiculous. Yes, I do think that she's pretty trashy/trampy looking, and she's probably only on the show to get higher ratings by appealing to teenage boys with hormones. But the way she looks isn't what bothers me the most about her. The fact that she is an AWFUL dancer really bugs me. I've lost faith in the judges with their selection of her. When dancers with real skills like Kelli Baker or Natalie could have made it instead, it just makes me super angry.

Sorry if this offends any Susie fans.
    And this life sentence that I’m serving
    I admit that I’m every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

I thought she was 24? Either way, she looks MUCH older in most of her photos. This one must have been photoshopped like crazy because all the ones I've seen of her audition she looks really bad. She was one of those that as soon as she came out on stage and it said her age? I rolled my eyes and wondered why they don't check ID's better on this show.

I think she'd be much prettier with her natural hair color. Her look right now just screams cheap.

Susie is just top twenty cannon fodder. As soon as she has to perform the more difficult dance styles, she's out of there.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast