+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Susie Garcia - SYTYCD 4

Re: Susie Garcia - SYTYCD 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3066832;
    She still belongs in the competition. I thought it was just Okay, definitely nowhere near horrendous.
    As compared with 5-6 other girls we saw in the auditions, the other 10 girls currently in the show, and 22 of the 24 girls in the past 2 seasons ... I don't see how you can say that. EVERY movement is below average. This show is not about being "ok". When you whittle 100,000 girls down to 100, your selection should be pretty good. Whittle that down through a grueling process down to 12, and you should have no one that's just "ok".

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3067258;
    As compared with 5-6 other girls we saw in the auditions, the other 10 girls currently in the show, and 22 of the 24 girls in the past 2 seasons ... I don't see how you can say that. EVERY movement is below average. This show is not about being "ok". When you whittle 100,000 girls down to 100, your selection should be pretty good. Whittle that down through a grueling process down to 12, and you should have no one that's just "ok".
    I didn't say she was just Okay. I said it (meaning the routine) was just Okay. I personally think she is a very good dancer and better than 3 other dancers left on the show.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3066739;
    I'm not seeing how anyone, even a fan of Susie's, could watch last night's dance and still say she belongs in this competition. That little sache move that the Salsa is known for was ridiculous - compared not to salsa dancers, but even compared to ballroomers and swingers and contemporaries like Heidi, Lacey, Benji, Ivan, Allison, etc. Heck ... it was bad even compared to the celebrities on DWTS. The rest of the dance was almost as bad - only the lift was redeeming at all.

If this was not her specialty, I'd think it was pretty bad. With this being her supposed specialty, it was horrendous.
    I completely agree with what you said. Honestly, Susie does not belong in the competition at all.

Rooting for an underdog is one thing, like someone who you wouldn't expect to be a very good dancer because of some odd circumstance and the they end up surprising you by pulling out something amazing with their hard work, but Susie is far from that. She was just a selection blunder made the judges and producers. I cannot wait until she gets the boot.

Also, some people were blaming her poor performance on the choreographer and his choreography. There was nothing bad about his choreography, it was a great routine that really captured salsa. Susie the supposed "salsa dancer" just couldn't hack it. I bet any of the other dancers who have zero salsa experience could have turned out something better than Susie and Marquis did.

Honestly, if it wasn't for her pre-maid fan base I think she'd definitely be in the bottom 3 tonight, but sadly I doubt that will happen. She really needs to be the one going home tonight.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

Well, she's gone so we can stop complaining I guess! What is bad, though, is that I think Marquis suffered from being with her and shouldn't have been let go. I think he was the only guy of the 3 in the bottom last night that had potential to go far.

The odd thing for me, last night, was that I actually felt bad for Susie, even though I've disliked her from the start. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3068747;
    Well, she's gone so we can stop complaining I guess! What is bad, though, is that I think Marquis suffered from being with her and shouldn't have been let go. I think he was the only guy of the 3 in the bottom last night that had potential to go far.

The odd thing for me, last night, was that I actually felt bad for Susie, even though I've disliked her from the start. Not sure why.

I'm going to say it until I'm blue in the ears (or something like that); she suffered from being with him. If she had a partner like Pasha or Benji that Salsa routine would have been smoking. The woman has talent and now the show has lost a lot of spice and is going to be pretty boring from now on.

When they got rid of Brandon, the Jazz guy, Kelli Baker and the blond Russian ballroom dancer I had just about given up on the show but Susie kept me interested. If Katee, Chelsie Hightower or Joshua are eliminated before the Top 10 I will be through with the show.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I was surprised that I didn't find her salsa performance better.
    I thought that was her chance to shine and prove me wrong, but I really don't think she delivered greatly, although the choreogrpahy may be to blame. I'll watch again though because I often change my mind after repeated viewings and I kight be short-changing both her and the choreographer.
    I agree that Marquis suffered from being paired with her.
    I think she was far more limited than he is. I don't think we got to see his potential yet I feel I probably saw the best Susie had to offer.
    I don't think she was ever going to make it too far on a show where the public vote. I just don't think people warmed to her.

I haven't seen enough of her with my untrained eyes to know if she was deserving of going home in the second week, but I can't think of many females that I felt should have gone before she did.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-20-2008 at 11:41 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree Marquis suffered because she was his partner. I think he had beautiful technique and had great potential to dance well in the future. Susie's technique was very limited. I'm glad she's gone, and I no longer have to complain about seeing her.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3068810;
    I agree Marquis suffered because she was his partner. I think he had beautiful technique and had great potential to dance well in the future. Susie's technique was very limited. I'm glad she's gone, and I no longer have to complain about seeing her.
    If he had done that waltz last week with some other dancer other than Sisie except maybe Chelsie H or Courtney, he would have been in the bottom 3 and gone last week. It was Susie's fanbase that kept them out of the bottom 3 last week and I'll bet if they revealed the votes we would see that they were barely in the bottom 3 this week. She looked like a woman dancing with a kid at his barmitzva out there.

Poor Susie, I didn't think she was top 10 material but she should have outlasted Comfort and Kourtni.....maybe even Chelsea T. Her fanbase kept her in a little longer than expected but in the end the others fanbases were much stronger. I thought she did better than the other two females in her solo and didn't understand keeping Comfort over her.

Susie: 1 good week, 1 bad week, 1 decent solo
    Comfort: 2 bad weeks, 1 bad solo

And in the end they keep the girl who did decent in the GROUP routine. Yeah. That made sense.

I didn't know the dancers were given championship rings when the team wins?

I'm gonna miss Susie, I liked her a lot.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567