+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Susie Garcia - SYTYCD 4

Re: Susie Garcia - SYTYCD 4

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3046471;
    I still can't help feeling compelled to fold dollars in half lengthwise when she dances. (And dancing for Shakira doesn't equal any more experience than anyone else on here ... ps - why the cough on Kherington's experience?)
    Dancing for Shakira would be like acting on Broadway. With Patti Lupone. Most definitely speaks for her talent, I would say, because the dancers hired for these recording artists get paid a TON, and the people hiring them expect TONS from the dancers as well. Just look at Madonna's dancers... they're incredible. Or the dancer's with Celine Dion when she was in Vegas.

Susie really did present herself in a bizarre way, but her dancer career PRE-SYTYCD, is impressive.

I was really put off by the way she looked, what she wore, and how she acted HOWEVER....as I've said before, I thought I saw a glimmer of something there. Watch if she doesn't have a drastic make-UNDER and suddenly we see more of her dancing ability. I see a future producer induced story arch coming out of her.

Love her or hate her, she's definitely the most talked about contestant so far this season.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

FORT Fogey

For all the naysayers, if she can truly dance flamenco, she's got my vote.

I've dance a little of everything and flamenco kick my butt. I spent 2 years in intro flamenco.

I don't think a makeunder will help. (Plus ... if she supposedly has all this experience in the dance world... don't you think SOMEONE would have shown her how to put on makeup without looking like a hooker?!?!)

Dancers shouldn't have, how shall I say it,... enhanced? purchased? FAKE? ... prominent parts of their anatomy. I just can't see how a triple-D can be graceful.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Perhaps if she gets that makeunder AND shows less cleavage she'll have a chance.
    Aren't they given a limited choice on costumes to wear for the show? Hopefully the people chosing the clothing will help make her seem more appealing.

I'd love to see her as a brunette with less makeup. I've read that she is typical Florida-Latina girl but my cousins live in Florida and two are models (mostly tropicana stuff) and they don't look anything like that...they have natural body parts and hair color.

Has anybody seen the Shakira stuff? Her concerts are pretty hard core so if this girl could pull that off and dances Flamenco? She might be pretty good, if everybody can get past the way she looks which is going to be really hard to do.

What are they always saying? Any publicity is better than none at all? She is being talked about EVERYWHERE and I see that as helping her out.

The costumers on this show can get very spiteful if they don't like somebody. Guess we will find out right away if they like her or not by what they put her in.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3048585;

Has anybody seen the Shakira stuff? Her concerts are pretty hard core so if this girl could pull that off and dances Flamenco? She might be pretty good, if everybody can get past the way she looks which is going to be really hard to do.
    Aye! Shakira stuff is pretty hardcore, even Shakira can dance impressively. Flamenco is a definite plus. No publicity is bad publicity, we'll just have to wait how she actually does!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3046678;
    I was really put off by the way she looked, what she wore, and how she acted HOWEVER....as I've said before, I thought I saw a glimmer of something there. Watch if she doesn't have a drastic make-UNDER and suddenly we see more of her dancing ability. I see a future producer induced story arch coming out of her.

I have no problem seeing this happen at all! Anybody who has watched even a modicum of reality TV knows that the producers manipulated the viewers all the time.

I thought her dancing was good last night, she was fluid and graceful. She also looked a million times better without the tons of make up. However, she is definitely bottom three because I don't think she will ever recover from the horrible first impression she made. I'm willing to give her a chance if she can dance and improve but I don't think the majority of the viewers will. So if she's not gone tonight, it will be next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast