+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Susie Garcia - SYTYCD 4

Re: Susie Garcia - SYTYCD 4

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;3043512;
    I don't think her audition performance was bad. It was actually quite good, in my opinion. However, it could have been liked more had she dressed up like a ballroom dancer, or at least with a nice dress and high heels. Her outfit was horrible, and did not match her dance.

I agree about the makeover. Her skin is way too dark to have a hair color like that. And the reds have to go!
    Yep if she was a brunette she would be drop dead gorgeous.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3043351;
    well she is the most talked about so far this season. i actually don't mind her she is like a snow from s1. i like different
    The difference was that Snow was an amazing dancer (partnering, not so much).

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3043401;
    Susie reminds me of Jessi from last season, Jessi was an awful dancer, especially in comparison to a lot of the other females who made it through to vegas. She was only in the top 20 for window dressing, and I was so happy when she got kicked off.
    Are we talking about the same Jessi? Jessi was a horrendous solo dancer (i.e. she can't choreograph for herself), but she was brilliant in dances choreographed for her.

Honestly, I've never seen so much dislike for a SYTYCD contestant right before they all go on to perform in the top 20.

I will admit that I like Susie. Her audition wasn't fantastic, but I agreed with the judges that it was good enough to put her through to the choreography round. And I didn't watch the Las Vegas rounds, but I've been reading that she wasn't shown much during those rounds. So I don't know why people are saying that she's a terrible dancer when you've only seen her audition and pretty much one second of her doing the choreography before she got to Vegas.

If Susie had worn something different at her audition, like a belly dancer outfit or something close to that, then I think the reception towards her would have been different. And adding to that, her current occupation is a teacher. So the not-so-great outfit and her background as a teacher made people not like her.

But I'm not letting that get in the way of me liking her. She even listened to the judges about her outfit; she changed it later on during choreography. She made it to the top 20, and I trust that the judges feel good about their decision. She must be good at learning the dances for her to have made it this far.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

To the Point

Susie may be good at their choreography, however, I was totally unimpressed with what we did see of her dancing. Also, the judges are well aware that it pays to have some "personalities" that are more about the personality than the dancing. I'm not saying she can't change my mind. She might do just that. I just happen to think that there were any number of other female dancers who were more deserving of that spot based on their dancing.

And the judges have been known to put through more than one dancer who hasn't been really worthy of the spot. So you keep the faith, I just can't. I'll wait on the proof. It may be there or it might not.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 06-08-2008 at 10:01 PM.

She reminds me of the Confederate Railroad song - Trashy Women.

Well, I raised in a sophisticated kind of style
    Yeah, my taste in music and women drove my folks half wild
    Mom and dad had a plan for me, it was debutantes and symphonies
    But I like my music, I like my women wild

CHORUS
    Yeah, I like my women just a little on the trashy side
    When they wear their clothes too tight and their hair is dyed
    Too much lipstick and too much rouge
    Gets me excited, leaves me feeling confused
    And I like my women just a little on the trashy side

Should've seen the looks on the faces of my dad and mom
    When I showed up at the door with a date for the senior prom
    They said, well, pardon us son, she ain't no kid
    That's a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig
    I said I know it dad, ain't she cool, that's the kind I dig

REPEAT CHORUS

I like 'em sweet, I like 'em with a heart of gold
    Yeah and I like 'em brassy, I like 'em brazen and bold
    Well, they say opposites attract, but I don't agree
    I want a woman just as tacky as me
    Yeah, I like my women just a little on the trashy side

I just re-watched the Milwaukee auditions, and now I even more still can't believe that she made it into the top 20. I mean, she almost didn't even make it to the choreography round in Milwaukee. She just looks way more like a typical Rock of Love contestant than a SYTYCD contestant, and her dancing (at least in Milwaukee) wasn't that great.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I thought her audition was good enough to get her into choreography - unfortunately, we didn't see enough of her after that point to really have an idea of what she can do. I suspect the judges saw some really good things during the Vegas rounds that we weren't privy to. Will definitely reserve my judgment until I see more.

As far as her appearance is concerned, I wish she had bleached her eyebrows to match her hair or left her hair its natural color, but that's no reason to discount her.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3043134;
    I thought she was 24? Either way, she looks MUCH older in most of her photos. This one must have been photoshopped like crazy because all the ones I've seen of her audition she looks really bad. She was one of those that as soon as she came out on stage and it said her age? I rolled my eyes and wondered why they don't check ID's better on this show.
    She was 24 on audition day (remember ... it was snowing). She's 25 now.

She definitely has the credentiels to back it up. More than A LOT of the contestants (*cough cough Kherington), so I hope experience speaks for itself. I mean, she danced for SHAKIRA.

I still can't help feeling compelled to fold dollars in half lengthwise when she dances. (And dancing for Shakira doesn't equal any more experience than anyone else on here ... ps - why the cough on Kherington's experience?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast