+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Susie Garcia - SYTYCD 4

Re: Susie Garcia - SYTYCD 4

Quote Originally Posted by petite_indigo;3043012;
    I know i'm going to be on the unpopular side of opinion, but who really gives a what ! I actually don't mind her at all. Besides her hair which kinda of not cute, I think that she may have more to offer then we believe. So may people on here have begun to hate on just based on the way she looks. Can we at least see if she falls flat on the show first. Ok she may look like a stripper, but hut what if she actually excels ? I'm going to at least give a chance.
    I with you but from my observations once people form a negative opinion about someone on these shows they look for things to reinforce their opinions and will probably pretty much ignore anything that she might do well. She has a uphill climb. Since Melinda on American Idol, I've never seen someone judged so much by the way they look.

Except for a few seconds in the first audition we really don't know how well she dances because we didn't get to see what she did to impress the judges in the choreography and in Vegas, so all the negativity is about the way she dresses and her make-up. As a guy who thinks all that stuff is trivial, if I'm going to be honest, I think it's just silly.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3043289;
    I with you but from my observations once people form a negative opinion about someone on these shows they look for things to reinforce their opinions and will probably pretty much ignore anything that she might do well. She has a uphill climb. Since Melinda on American Idol, I've never seen someone judged so much by the way they look.

Except for a few seconds in the first audition we really don't know how well she dances because we didn't get to see what she did to impress the judges in the choreography and in Vegas, so all the negativity is about the way she dresses and her make-up. As a guy who thinks all that stuff is trivial, if I'm going to be honest, I think it's just silly.
    Thanks for saying this, I'm actually rooting for Susie. Based on the choreography clip that sent her to vegas. she had a real spark even in those 2 seconds.

If she had done terribly, looking the way she does, don't people think the producers would have made cannon fodder out of her, in the Vegas round.

So she needs a makeover... big deal.

I look forward to her dancing.

FORT Fogey

well she is the most talked about so far this season. i actually don't mind her she is like a snow from s1. i like different

I agree about needing a makeover.
    The blond hair looks ridiculous to me and the red extensions are rather 90's.
    I think she has nice facial features though and would look very pretty with hair more close to what is obviously her natural colour.
    I thought her audition piece was awful, but felt pretty certain they'd put her through to choreography, at which point I did feel she danced better.

I haven't seen all of the last show yet and am looking forward to seeing her dance.
    It's clear she's talented, I'd just like to see her tone everything down a bit.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-07-2008 at 01:36 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

I thought wade wasn't on the show anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3043289;

Well, as of now, the only dancing we've seen and therefore the only dancing we can judge was her audition solo. And that was terrible. That combined with her strange look and mismatched occupation makes her seem like a total joke contestant. And out of what we saw, there were many brilliant dancers like Kelli Baker, Cooper Zamorano (Guy compared to Travis), and Natalee who were brilliant when we saw them. And that's really all we can judge off of. Maybe she will surprise us, but as of now, I thought there were many more deserving dancers.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Well I think the point is that her audition piece was AWFUL, and she shouldn't have been allowed to go to the choreography round in the first place. What about the other awful people who auditioned that didn't get a chance to go to the choreography? Also, what about the people who didn't have awful audition pieces to begin with that made it to vegas and didn't get in the top 20? I just find it odd and messed up, and I bet that if she didn't dress and look the way she did during her audition that she wouldn't have made it to the choreography round in the first place.

Susie reminds me of Jessi from last season, Jessi was an awful dancer, especially in comparison to a lot of the other females who made it through to vegas. She was only in the top 20 for window dressing, and I was so happy when she got kicked off.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

I don't think her audition performance was bad. It was actually quite good, in my opinion. However, it could have been liked more had she dressed up like a ballroom dancer, or at least with a nice dress and high heels. Her outfit was horrible, and did not match her dance.

I agree about the makeover. Her skin is way too dark to have a hair color like that. And the reds have to go!

Based on that picture alone, she looks like she would fit in well on Flavor of Love or Rock of Love, not SYTYCD. She needs a makeover, and stat.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3043401;
    Well I think the point is that her audition piece was AWFUL, and she shouldn't have been allowed to go to the choreography round in the first place. What about the other awful people who auditioned that didn't get a chance to go to the choreography? Also, what about the people who didn't have awful audition pieces to begin with that made it to vegas and didn't get in the top 20? I just find it odd and messed up, and I bet that if she didn't dress and look the way she did during her audition that she wouldn't have made it to the choreography round in the first place.

Susie reminds me of Jessi from last season, Jessi was an awful dancer, especially in comparison to a lot of the other females who made it through to vegas. She was only in the top 20 for window dressing, and I was so happy when she got kicked off.
    I have to beg to differ I thought Jessi was an awesome dancer. I didn't think she was the best dancer last year buy she was my favorite.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast