+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rayven Armijo - SYTYCD 4

FORT Fan

Re: Rayven Armijo - SYTYCD 4

Rayven, you should have stayed. I'm so bummed. I agree they should have the first week with no eliminations, just to give the audience a chance to know people. I hope you don't stop dancing.

I also agree with having no eliminations in the first week.
    I think it didn't help that they danced first and with a rather weak routine that wasn't in either partner's preferred style.
    They also didn't have a lot of pre-top 20 facetime so the odds were against them even though I think they danced what they were given well.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't know if it was choreographed this way, or the dancers chose to do this on their own because of their background ... but the cheesy chinzy faces and the big-tooth smiles during a frigging hip-hop routine made them the bottom couple in my book. Hiphop isn't supposed to be cutesy, and that's what they made of it.

Her solo was so much better than the last girl (who was boring...she pretty much just flopped around, no style, creativity, or technique)... I am (again) very disappointed with the judges questionable decision.

I firmly believe Rayven was a victim of the tango being so overpraised, that the judges felt they had to give Jessica a pass. Even though Rayven was clearly more original and interesting. Oh well, I hope the little bit of air time will do her good.

The producers (hello Nigel!) need to seriously address 2 issues next season:
    1. wait a week before sending anyone home. It makes sense and its fair.
    2. figure out a way to either show some of ALL of the top 20 during audition weeks or not at all. Either way everyone starts pretty much equal. Those who arrive with pre-built fan bases - that just can't be helped (cheerleaders, High School Musical alums, etc).

...stepping off my soapbox now....
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3063843;
    I firmly believe Rayven was a victim of the tango being so overpraised, that the judges felt they had to give Jessica a pass. Even though Rayven was clearly more original and interesting. Oh well, I hope the little bit of air time will do her good.

The producers (hello Nigel!) need to seriously address 2 issues next season:
    1. wait a week before sending anyone home. It makes sense and its fair.
    2. figure out a way to either show some of ALL of the top 20 during audition weeks or not at all. Either way everyone starts pretty much equal. Those who arrive with pre-built fan bases - that just can't be helped (cheerleaders, High School Musical alums, etc).

...stepping off my soapbox now....

We should start a petition!

FORT Fogey

Loved this dancer, and really wanted to see more of her work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12