+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyce Diorio - Judge/Choreographer

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Tyce Diorio - Judge/Choreographer

Tyce Diorio
    Judge/Choreographer

Tyce Diorio has been performing on television since age 17 when he won the "Star Search" setting a record with a perfect 4-star rating each week, the first time it had happened on the series. Originally from Brooklyn, NY, Diorio attended New York City's famed High School of the Performing Arts and following that moved to Los Angeles and met up with Paula Abdul to dance on her "Under My Spell" world tour as well as in her videos, commercials and award show appearances.

Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, Jennifer Lopez, Mya, *NSYNC, Kelly Osbourne, CÚline Dion and Toni Braxton are just a few of the artists Diorio has traveled the world with and performed with onstage. Diorio has worked on numerous feature films including the cult classic "Showgirls," "Starsky and Hutch," "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," "Robin Hood: Men in Tights," "13 Going on 30," "Flintstones Viva Rock Vegas" and "Epic Movie." In addition to three seasons on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, his television credits include "That '70s Show," "The Tyra Banks Show," "The Academy Awards," "The American Music Awards," "The Billboard Music Awards," "Fame" as well as "Annie" and "Cinderella" directed by Rob Marshall. Diorio also had the great privilege of starring in the Tony Award-winning Broadway hit "Fosse" and "Chicago."

Diorio has choreographed routines for Paulina Rubio and Tobey Maguire; commercials for iPod, Mc Donald's, Sylvania and Road Runner DSL; and a musical entitled "Just Another Man." Diorio works privately with Katie Holmes and Tobey Maguire. He has also choreographed the music video for Paula Abdul's single "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow."

Diorio lives in Los Angeles, CA.

FOX Broadcasting Company
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Tyce Diorio - Judge/Choreographer

He's one of my favorite choreographers on the show.

I loved the contemporary piece he designed for Ivan and Allison back in Season 2 - the one to "Why" by Annie Lennox. I have it saved on my computer and watch it from time to time. It's just beautiful.
    2003-2008.

Wow, I really had to hunt for this thread!

This weekend, I just saw Tyce in a movie called Every Little Step and it confirmed every negative thing I've thought about him. The movie was about the Broadway revival of A Chorus Line that was mounted a few years ago and Tyce auditioned for the role of Mike. He could not have acted like more of a pompous ass if he tried. He did not get the part and the producers basically said that he was showboating in the final auditions and acting like a jerk. In interviews he came off even more full of himself than I thought he was. I was SO happy he didn't get the part. It was a good movie, although his behavior was cringe-worthy. There were other, more well-known performers auditioning and they were totally humble and professional. I hope Tyce saw himself in the movie and realized he'd acted like a complete jackass....although probably not.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3851726;
    I hope Tyce saw himself in the movie and realized he'd acted like a complete jackass....although probably not.
    Oh yeah, he was a complete jerk in that. He didn't seem to see anything wrong with it though, since, he signed a release. Everyone who was in that signed a release, the few who didn't were blurred out.

I've never liked Tyce, his ego is out of control, and he isn't as great a choreographer as he thinks he is. Sure he has had some winner routines, but he has had far more bad ones, imho.

+ Reply to Thread