+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mandy Moore - Judge/Choreographer

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Mandy Moore - Judge/Choreographer

Mandy Moore
    Judge/Choreographer

Mandy Moore is an emerging choreographer and performer whose work has been seen on television, in film and on the concert stage. Moore was one of the choreographers for Celine Dion's "Taking Chances" world tour. In addition to being the choreographer for AMERICAN IDOL Season Six, Moore was a guest-choreographer on Season Three of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE and was a guest-judge in Salt Lake City for Season Four auditions. As a performer, Moore has appeared on numerous television shows including "Malcolm in the Middle," "That 70's Show" and "The Drew Carey Show." Film credits include "A Time For Dancing" and "Austin Powers in Goldmember." Moore teaches in Los Angeles at Edge Performing Arts Center and travels both nationally and internationally to teach and choreograph for companies, private studios and independent performers.

Moore was born in St. Louis, MO, and raised in Breckenridge, CO, and currently lives in Los Angeles.

FOX Broadcasting Company
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Mandy Moore - Judge/Choreographer

Does anybody remember some of her routines? All I can remember from her is all the comments (aka snickers) over her name and the confusion as people wondered if she was the same Mandy Moore who is the singer/actress. But I cannot remember anything she actually did on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3002898;
    Does anybody remember some of her routines? All I can remember from her is all the comments (aka snickers) over her name and the confusion as people wondered if she was the same Mandy Moore who is the singer/actress. But I cannot remember anything she actually did on the show.
    From what I can remember:

Sabra/Dominic's contemporary "I'll Stand By You". I can't even hear this song now without picturing Sabra and Dom dancing about. Probably one of my top 5 routines.

Neil/Sabra's jazz "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These)" where they're dressed up in suits vying for power around the long table. Loved this one too.

Pasha/Sara's jazz "Body Language". Remember the "jazz hands"? Not one of my favorites.

OH! I remember that second one! It was amazing! Love the whole fists down on the table and the gymnastics leap he did over it and just the raw emotion they were able to convey.

YAY! Thanks for the reminders because now I can look forward to her routines. Can't remember the other two for some reason but I'm off to that repository for free video clips *heh* to go search them out.

ETA: Oh my goodness, just watched the "I'll Stand By You" one and I forgot it was the one where Sabra was a bird....just amazing, really amazing especially the part where he threw her across the stage. Seeing that one again and remembering how amazing Sabra was has me even more excited for the new season.

And the "Jazz Hands" one is where they played with the suspenders. I was back and forth with that one, it could have been really good but I think the dancers just couldn't pull the routine off plus the costumes did them (especially poor Sara) no favors. I kept picturing "Bring It On" thanks to reading your "jazz hands" comment while watching the clip *ha*
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 05-17-2008 at 07:04 PM.

The "I'll Stand By You" routine is from the second show. I'm watching the marathon and the first show is on right now. Depending on where you are, you may still be able to catch it on the marathon (versus watching it on a sucky hard-to-see youtube clip). For me, the second show starts in another 1 1/2 hours (5:30pm - West Coast) so maybe you can still catch it.

FORT Fanatic

Yeah, she gave us of the best routines on the show: Sabreil Jazz and Dombra conteporary.

The Jazz routine really wasn't all that bad. Just watched it in the marathon (taped it so I could FF through anything I didn't like so I'm a little behind) and there were moments in it that were great. Sara had so much potential, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed watching her dance.

Well done to the SYTYCD choreographers for their Emmy nominations! I LOVED the Table routine from Mandy last season, I'm glad it's a contender.
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread