+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Dancers in SYTYCD History

Best/Worst Dancers in SYTYCD History

I just thought I'd start this thread to know what you guys think
    Here's my opinion
    Best: Allison Holker
    Wonderful dancer, fit perfectly into every style she danced
    It's very hard to find a dancer who is as technically perfect as Allison who evokes as much emotion as her
    IMO, only her and maybe Heidi could have been good enough partners to keep Ivan all the way to the top 10
    Every solo was unbelieveable, I mean even her worst solo (the one to "We Belong") is still better than the majority of the solo dances of any season
    She was an amazing contemporary dancer, she moved with such fluidity
    Her contemporary routine with Ivan was breathtaking
    But she was also a brilliant ballroom dancer having done one of the show's most memorable tangos
    She pulled off hip hop as well in the umbrella routine

Worst: Joy Spears
    I was debating whether to put her or Cedric here, but I had to put her
    No personality, appeared nervous on stage, couldn't take criticism, and taken from Dmitry's words, she never practiced or commited herself
    Her samba was dreadful, her hip hop was just comedy, and even her solo was pretty mediocre
    I mean, at least Cedric had a great personality, worked hard and excelled in his solos
    Joy was IMO, just an empty package
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Re: Best/Worst Dancers in SYTYCD History

Well, i only saw season 3. Sabra will always be my favorite though. I think Dominic was also really good becuase he isn't a dancer and he did fantastic for not having any training. Yeah, and Cedric is the worst.
    But thats all from season 3.
    Make it work!

Cedric was the worst all-around dancer. Just stiff and awkward.

Heidi was AWFUL in contemporary, basically the female Cedric sitting in a corner while Travis danced.

Musa was the worst in ballroom, his poor posture and stiffness, futzed steps.

Danny was hideous in hip hop, the movements and attitudes are off.

Danny was the worst in disco (with possibly the exception of musa), awkward feet, crappy lifts (surprising, but actually his partnering skills are not that good).

All around weakest female was probably Joy or that girl that was cut the first round of season 2.

Best dance - Allison by far. She could do anything, hip hop, paso doble, contemporary of course. She was dance come to life. Nick was pretty amazing as well. I didn't feel ANYONE this season was as strong overall. Sabra is lovely and charismatic but compared to Allison is not in the same technical league. Danny is hugely overrated and his technical flaws are glossed over while his spins and leaps are wildly praised. He probably had the worst solo endings of any season.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Team Katarzyna and Anya oxymoron's Avatar

Best dancers:
    Danny and Allison (couldn't pick one). Their technical abilities are far beyond anyone else's, and can turn a piece of choregraphical crap into a masterpiece Or, at least Allison can. I just love Danny's solos and most of his dances; they're amazing! And Allison just does everything wonderfully.
    Oh yeah, and Travis. He was so robbed.
    Lacey was a great dancer, but I still don't like her personality. Even those who dislike her, you have to admit that she is one heck of a dancer! Lacey never had one bad dance (except for hip hop, but that was Dan's fault), and she does really well with the choreography.

Worst dancer:
    I didn't watch Season one and can't remember much of Season two, so please bear with me.
    Cedric in anything that's not hiphop/a solo (I loved his solos, by the way...)
    Faina. She's not the absolute worst dancer and is good at what she does, but she can put even the liveliest person to sleep once she starts dancing. No offense.

Best .... Danny, Allison (season 2), Blake McGrath, Travis and Nick and Melody(season 1)

Worst.... too many to list plus I can't remember them from the other seasons. Cedric and Kameron from this season.
    Tahoe bound....

Best
    This is a really hard one. Sara from season 3 was really good. That was proved during the finale when the judges had to pick their favorite dances, and she was in... like... how many? Five?

I thought all the girls during season 3 were really good. I think Faina got screwed over when she got paired up with Cedric. She could have done so well during week 2 when she had that ballroom dance if she had another partner. Though I don't know about Ashlee since she was the first out. But the others... Shauna, Sabra, Lacey, and the rest, they were all had their shining moments.

No matter what anyone thinks of him, I thought Benji was really good. He was without a doubt one of the best in season 2. So was anyone in the final 4. Benji, Travis, Donyelle, and Heidi were all great.

In season 1, I was a huge fan of Melody (or whatever her name was, but I'm pretty sure it was Melody). I was disappointed when she lost to Nick. She was great.

Worst
    Cedric.

(I don't think I have to say more.)
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

In preparation for next season, I wanted to bring this thread back!
    My favorite's always been Allison, but I'm reliving how great Sabra and Sara were
    Looking back, Cedric and Kameron should have never made the show
    I miss AJ!!

Premium Member

really only watched seasons 2 and 3
    Best

Benji Schwimmer, I just enjoyed his dancing as well as his personality no contest

Worst

Cedric Gardener- WTH was he even on the show for, he couldn't do anything well and he screwed up the chances of both Faina and Shauna as well

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3004227;
    really only watched seasons 2 and 3
    Best

Benji Schwimmer, I just enjoyed his dancing as well as his personality no contest

Worst

Cedric Gardener- WTH was he even on the show for, he couldn't do anything well and he screwed up the chances of both Faina and Shauna as well
    Hmmm, I thought Benji was a great performer, but there were better dancers that season. His technique was nowhere near the level of Allison. The fact that Allison was eliminated around the time she was was truly astounding.
    I miss AJ!!

None of the dancers are even in the same league as Allison for me. Hok comes closest in terms of entertainment value but he is nowhere near as technically skilled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast