+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite / Least Favorite Routines from Season 3?

Re: Favorite / Least Favorite Routines from Season 3?

My favorites:

1. Hok & Jaime's Hummingbird jazz- AMAZING!!!!!! I could watch this over and over again, so creative, so well executed- just the perfect dance.

2. Lacey & Kameron's Mia contemporary to "Dancing"- OMG, I wanted to see this one so badly during the finale repeat dance night. Watching this still gives me chills, and I can't believe they accomplished this on the first week.

3. Danny & Lauren's contemporary alien thing- Simply Gorgeous- both of them were used so well, and it was such a passionate dance. Awesome.

4. Lacey & Kameron's hustle- so much better than all those lame disco routines- this was REAL hustle, and VERY well done!

5. Sabra & Neil's jazz to "Sweet Dreams"- Best use of a prop- most of the other times it came off as gimmicky, but here it really inspired the movement and created whole new levels to use.

6. Lacey & Pasha's hip-hop mannequin dance: So much fun! I laughed out loud during the robot booty slap. And since hip-hop is so outside both of their elements, I thought this routine was outstanding.

7. Danny & Anya's foxtrot- Really well done, great lines, and they are both such graceful and beautiful dancers.

8. Sara & Pasha's benji dance. I'm not calling it "west coast swing," because about 2 seconds of the entire routine were west coast swing. It was Benji-dance, but it was a ton of fun and very well performed.

9. Lauren & Pasha's transformers hip-hop. Again, so much fun. Best hip-hop of the season. Lauren really worked that routine.

10. Jessi & Pasha's cha-cha. Glad they finally got to perform it together. If she'd been able to do that the first night, no way they would have been bottom three. It was sexy!

Best group routines: Matrix to Ciara, Mia's routine in black

Worst routines of the season:
    1. Dominic & Jaime's horrendous spanish viennese waltz. Everything was wrong. Choreography was part of it, but I could easily envision a few ballroom couples I know making that routine awesome. She choreographed above their partnering abilities with too many gimmicks and the dance became a train wreck.

2. Lauren & Neil's tango & salsa (mambo?) routines. They started off the season really rocky- especially for Neil, these early routines showed some of the worst partnering skills- just really awkward movement and no understanding of how the dances worked. I'm glad they stuck around, because they both improved tremendously. But these routines had me wanting them gone early on in the season.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass;2533486;
    Worst routines of the season:
    1. Dominic & Jaime's horrendous spanish viennese waltz. Everything was wrong. Choreography was part of it, but I could easily envision a few ballroom couples I know making that routine awesome. She choreographed above their partnering abilities with too many gimmicks and the dance became a train wreck.
    I felt soo bad for Jaime, she probably could have pulled it off but Dominic was just not even close to the skill level needed. And that dress was dreadful, I can't imagine what wardrobe was thinking - it was like a gypsy tent swallowed the poor girl!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar

Favorites are:
    1. Sabra/Neil Jazz routine.
    2. Sabra/Dominic Hip Hop routine.

Least favorites:
    1. Lacey/Kameron Hip Hop routine.
    2. Lacey/Neil(?) Contemporary routin. (the father/dauther dance)
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

FORT Fan

Favorites:

1st - Sabra & Neil Jazz - The Table Dance
    2nd - Lacey & Neil Contemporary - Flowers ("Time")

Least Favorite:

Sabra & Danny Cha Cha - just didn't live up to both of their amazing talents

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;2532093;
    I was a big fan of Sara and Pasha so I was happy with almost anything they did.

But I loved Sara and Jesus - crumping - the first time it looked like a dance to me.

loved vagabond

I actually love Sara and Jesus' PAso Doble - really well done although music we will rock you competed with the dance

pasha and sara body language
    pasha and jaime cha cha
    sabra and dominique contemporary (week 2 i think)

AND loved Pasha and Anya's audition SEXY!!
    Do you mean Pasha and Jessi's cha cha?

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu;2534792;
    Do you mean Pasha and Jessi's cha cha?
    yea, that's what i meant.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

In no particular order (And I don't remember the songs for the most part)

Jessi & Pasha's jazz number (Mia said they were her "favorite birds")
    Hok & Jaime's Hummingbird
    Pasha & Lauren's Transformer/hip hop
    Lacy & Sabra's fox - I thought it was lovely. I "got" it, and it brought me to tears. Then again, I'm a wildlife freak, so it was a shoo-in to get to me.
    Sabra & Neil's Paso Doble
    Lacy & Danny's samba (Hip Hip Chin Chin)
    Jesus & Sara's Vagabond Cabaret
    Sabra & Dominic's Hip Hop ("Gotta make this work", I think)
    Jessi & Pasha's slow waltz to Norah Jones
    Early in the top 20 pairings, I think it was Lacy & Kameron did a Mia Michaels routine - the one where Lacy leaps into his arms and they embrace. I always liked that one.
    The Neil & Lauren Devil/Angel
    The father/daughter by Neil/Lacy - I was brought to tears. My father is elderly and this hit close to home.

The group number I liked best was the Mia Michaels contemporary one to "The Moment Said It" by Imogen Heap, the one featuring Danny.
    Last edited by Fierce Critter; 08-20-2007 at 01:45 AM.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Favorite: The dance for Mia's dad. I've lost my mom and my son and I just sobbed the whole way through.

Least favorite: The Foxes. What the heck was Wade thinking??
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Newbie

My favorite is Lacey and Kameron's contemporary dance to "Dancing"; I had chills the whole time. After the show I immediately went an bought the song off iTunes and I still get chills every time I hear the song.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123