1. Hok & Jaime's Hummingbird jazz- AMAZING!!!!!! I could watch this over and over again, so creative, so well executed- just the perfect dance.
2. Lacey & Kameron's Mia contemporary to "Dancing"- OMG, I wanted to see this one so badly during the finale repeat dance night. Watching this still gives me chills, and I can't believe they accomplished this on the first week.
3. Danny & Lauren's contemporary alien thing- Simply Gorgeous- both of them were used so well, and it was such a passionate dance. Awesome.
4. Lacey & Kameron's hustle- so much better than all those lame disco routines- this was REAL hustle, and VERY well done!
5. Sabra & Neil's jazz to "Sweet Dreams"- Best use of a prop- most of the other times it came off as gimmicky, but here it really inspired the movement and created whole new levels to use.
6. Lacey & Pasha's hip-hop mannequin dance: So much fun! I laughed out loud during the robot booty slap. And since hip-hop is so outside both of their elements, I thought this routine was outstanding.
7. Danny & Anya's foxtrot- Really well done, great lines, and they are both such graceful and beautiful dancers.
8. Sara & Pasha's benji dance. I'm not calling it "west coast swing," because about 2 seconds of the entire routine were west coast swing. It was Benji-dance, but it was a ton of fun and very well performed.
9. Lauren & Pasha's transformers hip-hop. Again, so much fun. Best hip-hop of the season. Lauren really worked that routine.
10. Jessi & Pasha's cha-cha. Glad they finally got to perform it together. If she'd been able to do that the first night, no way they would have been bottom three. It was sexy!
Best group routines: Matrix to Ciara, Mia's routine in black
Worst routines of the season:
1. Dominic & Jaime's horrendous spanish viennese waltz. Everything was wrong. Choreography was part of it, but I could easily envision a few ballroom couples I know making that routine awesome. She choreographed above their partnering abilities with too many gimmicks and the dance became a train wreck.
2. Lauren & Neil's tango & salsa (mambo?) routines. They started off the season really rocky- especially for Neil, these early routines showed some of the worst partnering skills- just really awkward movement and no understanding of how the dances worked. I'm glad they stuck around, because they both improved tremendously. But these routines had me wanting them gone early on in the season.