+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about the tour

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Question about the tour

Hoping the stage isn't too elevated for the Hampton, VA show.

The presale gave me NOTHING I'd want to pay full price for. However, the public sale on Saturday morning offered me FRONT ROW and yes, I snapped them up in a heartbeat.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;2524173;
    Hoping the stage isn't too elevated for the Hampton, VA show.

The presale gave me NOTHING I'd want to pay full price for. However, the public sale on Saturday morning offered me FRONT ROW and yes, I snapped them up in a heartbeat.
    I had much the same experience for Glendale, AZ show. I'm not in the front row, but I am on the floor, not too far back with tickets from the general public sale, not the pre-sale. Go figure.

Perhaps someone could clarify. EW.com says Anya is IN for the tour. I don't recall Nigel mentioning her. I heard Hok, Jesus and Shauna. Does anyone know for sure?

He did mention Anya.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Sliding, flipping, dancing to the beat
    By: Jeff Park and Kristyn Ulanday
    Posted: 9/24/07

Before she took the spotlight at Agganis Arena on Saturday night, 19-year-old dancer Lacey Schwimmer prepped herself by gulping down a Red Bull and gobbling chocolate.

"I'm hyped and ready to go, but yeah that's really all that I do," said Schwimmer, who comes from a family of famous dancers, before the So You Think You Can Dance performance.

Tickets for the show sold out in 25 minutes, making it the fastest-selling event in the stadium's history, according to arena employees.

Since the end of season three last summer, the show's aspiring dancers have been traveling to different states to boogie on stage in front of live audiences.

Before they began touring, the dancers had small audiences of only a few hundred people, but they have now adjusted to larger numbers.

"You only have one chance," Sara Von Gillern, 23, of Rock Island, Ill. "What our producer said is, 'It's like opening night every city we go to, so that means you have to be on your game.'"

Hokuto "Hok" Konishi, 22, of California, said although some dancers make the act look seamless, it is an art.

"Take care of your body," said Konishi, who was born in Tokyo. "That's the most important thing, just because if you don't have that, you can't do anything."

After an afternoon of press conferences and introductions, the dancers took to the stage to perform. Mixed in with fan favorites from the show were new dances choreographed specially for the tour.

Once the lights went up, the audience began to scream, and the top 10 rose from the middle of the stage. The show opened with a dynamic group number that showcased each dancer as well as the cohesiveness of the group.

For the rest of the night, hip-hop beats, power ballads and disco jams blasted from the speakers at Agganis Arena while the dancers answered the burning question of the night: So You Think You Can Dance.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*
    Here's a link to some audio and also a slide show of some photos:

Slideshow
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Went to the show in Miami tonight. Lacey wasn't there (her knee is hurt, apparently). Shauna took her place in some of the dances -- for example, before one dance they introduced it by saying, "Here's your Top 6," and Shauna was one of them. And, I noticed that Sabra danced one of Lacey's dances and I think Jaimie filled in for Lacey in another one.

I was glad that they didn't limit it to just the Top 10 -- Shauna, Anya, Hok and Jesus were there as well.

It was very good, but for most of it I was wishing that I didn't have floor seats because it was very hard to see the stage...especially when the dancers were not standing. There were big screens, but that just felt like I was watching the show on TV. Oh well... it was still fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12