+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switching v Keeping Partners

Switching v Keeping Partners

I may not be remembering this correctly, but I seem to recall that the partnerships changed weekly in the first season.

Some have hit the jackpot with their partners this season, e.g. Lacey and Kameron, other didn't e.g. Rickey and Ashley.

While I like to see the chemistry build, I think I'd prefer to see them swap partners each week as I tihnk that might be a more air way to go.
    I'm assuming they drew for partners and it seems a shame that dumb luck could factor quite heavily into how long you last on the show, particularly as it's also pure luck which dance style you get each week.

What do you guys think?
    Same partners, or change weekly?
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

Re: Switching v Keeping Partners

I think that if you change partners it will be more of a challenge for the dancer and will show the real talent. Plus it would be more fun for the audience to see diff. couples not the same ones each week. I agree

Definitely, it should be weekly changes. I think Faina and Ashlee both got screwed - Faina because Cedric is a weak partner but his "uniqueness" is somehow saving him, and Ashlee simply because she looked like a gangly giraffe next to Ricky. I also think Jessi was spared only because she's got such a great partner in Pasha.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm not entirely certain this is all as random as we'd like to believe. I definitely think the producers paired up the dancers and at first this makes sense. But after that it should go to a random or predetermined order.

One simple way to do it is put every girl on a list and each week the guys move one slot to the next dancer. Simple, and no stress over who goes home, the list just moves over that and keeps going. Everyone should end up dancing with just about everyone else.

Example:

Anya Danny
    Jessi Pasha
    Lacey Kameron
    Sara Jesus
    Sabra Dominic
    Jamie Hok
    Shauna Cedric
    Lauren Neil

Next week:

Anya Pasha (Danny goes "down" to Lauren)
    Jessi Kameron
    Lacey Jesus
    Sara Dominic.....

You get the idea...simple, no?

I maintain "miss Hot Tamale" Anya (whom I do like!) would be in danger of going home if she had been partnered with Cedric or anyone else less "hot" than Danny.

FORT Newbie

Personally, I would like to see them with a new partner every week. I think this would give us three things:

1) More variety – it is the spice of life after all.

2) A better idea of what each dancer can actually do - No getting to the Top 10 just because you’re riding on your more talented (i.e. popular) partner’s coat tails. No getting constantly dragged down by your crappy partner (Poor Heidi having to suffer along with Ryan for weeks)

3) And, it would eliminate that nagging feeling I have that the judges/producers made up their mind about the Top 10, maybe even the Top 4 - back in Vegas and the rest of the Top 20 are there only as filler.

Actually, I would propose a new format entirely. After Vegas, they should only pick a Top 10. They would be paired up randomly together each week, dance two different routines each show and the elimination would be by viewer vote only.
    Hey, arrête de niaiser là! Donnes-moi mes bonbons puis fait ça vite là, j’t’ en retard sur ma run!

FORT Fan

I like seeing dancing more than I like suspense, therefore, along with switching, they should go three weeks or so and then eliminate 6 dancers with cumulative votes plus judging. Then I would get to see everyone in at least a few styles and with different partners before the axe falls.

Do you think the show would be too boring for people if they didn't see somebody cry every week?

guys, the producers picked the pairs. C'mon, you know they want Neil/Lauren & Cameron/Lacey to go very far. They've already got a pretty huge fanbase and the judges are pimping them. It's all about marketability and popularity
    Last edited by Marleybone; 06-24-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Absolutely the producers picked the couple pairings. And I read somewhere here on FORT that the hat they pick the dances out of is rigged too - only 1 or 2 styles are in the hat - it IS a surprise to the dancers what they're getting....but sounds like the producers are deciding who's dancing to what.

On the positive side of that though...hopefully it will eliminate some dancers getting the same style week after week (was it Musa who was stuck with ballroom week after week last year?).

I remember reading last season that somebody had pretty much proven that the hat is rigged too. Somebody at one of the tapings saw the whole thing. I think it was reported here?

Anyways, yeah the initial pairings was producer picked. I don't think its fair but I suppose the judges are just trying to make sure that the best dancers are put out there and not just the fans favorites (which we all know isn't always the best) LOL.

If Danny/Anya get another ballroom routine next week? I'm going to start thinking the dance choices are completely rigged too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast