+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sara Von Gillern - Season 3

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Sara Von Gillern - Season 3

Sara Von Gillern

Sara Von Gillern, 23, is a Hip-Hop/B-girl dancer from Ft. Collins, CO. While she started as a journalism major at Colorado College, dancing has always been her main love. She is a dance instructor and was one of 30 people from all over the world selected to be part of the Red Bull: Beat Rider program, which gave her the chance to work with some of the biggest names in the Hip-Hop/Breaking field.

1. What is your full name?
    Sara Kei VonGillern

2. Do you have a nickname?
    Mis’ Von

3. How old were you when you started to dance?
    Started dancing at age 4

4. Do you have any formal dance training?
    Red Bull Beat Rider 2006, Colorado State University Dance Program, Broadway Dance Center Intern, Motion Underground, The Gruv Factory, Academy for the Performing Arts

5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be (hip hop, ballet, tap etc)?
    Hip Hop elements (breaking, house, locking, popping and choreography)

6. What other talents/ hobbies do you have?
    Snowboarding, skiing, figure skating, guitar, writing and graphic design

Who is your favorite professional dancer?
    I don’t necessarily have one favorite dancer; however, I admire particular dancers in each hip-hop style I study.

8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally?
    NO ONE dances in my family professionally

9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
    I HAVE danced in musical theater and pubic functions as a dancer. Most recently, I performed at NBA Nuggets half times and time-outs as a Mob Squad dancer – the Nuggets’ hip hop dance team. I am also part of a traveling act that performs at state and county fairs around the nation and the world. Our show is called “Monster Shop Bump’n” and it focuses on hip-hop and breaking dance styles with fun costume characters and positive hip-hop and soul music. Similar to the Nuggets Mob Squad, I’ve danced for the AFL Colorado Crush as a Crush City dancer – again, specializing in hip-hop. My old dance companies, Elements of Motion and Females En Motion, produced several short pieces and shows that have traveled to Iowa, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada and California.

10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
    As a result of the show, I’d like to gain representation with a dance agency so that I can continue working in the entertainment industry. I will always remain a student in everything that I do, therefore, I also hope to gain a better grasp of every dance style so that I can not only be a more versatile dancer, but also a more educated teacher when sharing my passion with others in the future.

11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
    In ten years, I’d like to utilize my passion for dance with my degree in PR. I still love to write and design and can see a more stable career in the PR field; however, I will NEVER give up dancing. If I can combine the two, my life will be complete as far as a career goes. I’d also hope to be settled down with a family by that point in my life – living somewhere outside of the United States. (I love traveling!)

12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
    My most memorable dance experience was living in New York City last summer. I danced everyday, whether it was taking classes at Broadway Dance Center, Steps or Peridance or training in Union Square or 17 th Street with all the b-boys/b-girls and freestylers. I also had the privilege of being a part of the Red Bull Beat Riders 2006 Urban Dance experience. Only 30 hip-hop dancers were accepted worldwide to train for a week with the originators of urban dance styles and hip-hop culture. To name a few: Ken Swift, Mr. Loose, Sugar Pop, Boogaloo Sam, Crazy Legs, Mr. Wiggles, and DJ Kool Herc. I learned so much in such a small amount of time – it was almost too overwhelming! On top of last summer’s experience, however, auditioning and making it into the top 20 in this competition has been unforgettable. Regardless of how far I go, I will always remember the strength, courage and commitment it took to get me here.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-18-2007 at 04:58 AM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Sara Von Gillern - Season 3

Looks great, but I predict she's a real long shot, and will be in the bottom few early on. With D*Trix and Hok in the competition, they'll soak up a lot of the b-fans.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Maybe, Aota, but I think being the only b-girl will, or at least could, give her an edge if she's good. I don't really remember much about her at all, so I'm waiting to see.

FORT Fanatic

I don't remember her at all. Being a B-girl could either help her by making her stand out or hurt her by making her look like a gimmick. Unfortunately, since there are a lot of strong dancers who the judges seem to favor, I lean towards the gimmick.

FORT Newbie

It's hard to say anything as we really didn't get to see much of her at all. With everything taped before hand, you'd think they'd produce and edit the show better, giving enough air time for us as viewers to make up our minds. This is frustrating. I want to like her. Hehe...just cause she is the only b-girl around. I hope she sticks around. The b-boys always get more props than the girls.

I hope she does stick around.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

to the FORT, jayta.

FORT Newbie

Thanks...I've started to hang here ever since I got hooked on this years The Bachelor! Haha...and it turned out the way I wanted...

I haven't made up my mind on the dancers for this season yet.

sara really kicked it in Wade's dance. Perfect style for her! Loved her, loved the dance.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Newbie

She really surprised me. I thought she was gonna be bad but I really enjoyed her performance tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast